Electromatics

My modded Electromatics

After a couple of years without a Gretsch (the horror!) i fixed that huge mistake with a couple of Electromatics (and a Pro Line which deserves another thread): a 5120 with Gretsch Filtertrons and Bigsby bridge/base; and a Pro Jet with Gretsch Dynasonics, Bigsby B3C and GFS bridge.

I've got two Electromatics as well, and have modded each... but I went with upgraded Bigsby units and P-90s both times!

Here's the Fairlane blue 5420...

Nice, I went with the B6C and infilled it with a mix of paint to match the Fairlane blue.

– cutipaste

Nice job there, you can get TV's with English mounts and as such the pickup heights are adjustable

I have a 5420 that I heavily modded. The total list of mods is exhausting, so I’ll just say there’s a new TVJ wiring harness with tone switch and standby switch, tv classic plus, t-armond, USA B6VG, stainless steel tru-arc, custom pickguard. Love this guitar.

My 5120.

– Bob Howard

This looks so good! Looks as if it’s a real vintage piece!

My 5238.

– Bob Howard

Hey Bob any issues with the b3 and the low bridge?

I just happen to have a b3 in stock bit wasn’t sure if it would with the pro series jets.

Nathan

No issues at all. B3 feels great.

No issues at all. B3 feels great.

– Bob Howard

Awesome thanks!

Is that the Super’Tron classic plus combo?

How do you like it?

I’m about to order some tv Jones pickups for the pro jet

Sorry for the hijack

Nathan

1. Mods include Duotrons, greasy groove pick guard and matching TRC, Harley clutch handle on the Bigsby, aluminum Tru-Arc, etc. G5122.
  1. Custom painted by Curt, stainless Tru-Arc, etc. G5125.

My Schoolhouse Special 5120, aka Katarzyna.

Awesome thanks!

Is that the Super’Tron classic plus combo?

How do you like it?

I’m about to order some tv Jones pickups for the pro jet

Sorry for the hijack

Nathan

– nnieman

Nathan, The gold top Jet is a Supertron-Classic combo. I think a classic plus would be better, but I love the Supertron neck pup. PM sent.

My 5129.

– Bob Howard

Really good looking guitar

Nice, I went with the B6C and infilled it with a mix of paint to match the Fairlane blue.

– Matt66

What a great idea, did you remove the black paint or just paint over it?

Wow, the blue in the logo on the bigsby looks great. Me too, how'd you do dat? May try it in red on my Bo. Will try with One Shot enamel

Modded 2015 5420 Thomann FSR Stock TV Classics Added B6C bigsby Rocking bar Bridge Faux Headstock Binding Sperzel locking tuners Rubbed and scrubbed all over to gain a satin finish

Register Sign in to join the conversation