Electromatics

Is this blasphemy?

I love Chet, I have a bunch of his records. I just wanted to personalize my 5420. I think it looks kind of cool. But I might go with a clear gaurd.

Nope. It's your guitar. It should have your name on it!

+1....looks great to me.

Not at all! I consider it a great homage to the man! I've contemplated getting a telecaster guard made by Paul Setzer in the Chet signpost style.

Looks great to me too.

Blasphemy not possible on Electromatics.

Perfectly fine. People have personalized their guitars for years. Yours is elegant compared to many that I've seen.

Thanks alot. I feel much better about it. I think i will keep it.

Well done. Play it in excellent health.

Well done! Make it your own!

Gotta make it your own,

– MacStevenXIII

Mac, yours almost looks like a sunburst. I assume that 's just the lighting?

Mac, yours almost looks like a sunburst. I assume that 's just the lighting?

– Jopapa

Yeah. A combo of the lighting and the filter on the photo

The only real blasphemy on a Gretsch would be Gibson PAFs, a Strat middle pickup or active EMGs.

The only real blasphemy on a Gretsch would be Gibson PAFs, a Strat middle pickup or active EMGs.

– wabash slim

The sad thing is I actually saw a 60's 6120 that had EMGs and was sponge painted green. UGLY!

Nah, not blasphemy to put your name or something else on a Gretsch pickguard. And Electromatics especially are made for doing what you want with them.

There was a great poster here a few years ago who went and put a really cool name on his Electromatic pickguard:

Looks great! Nice to make it your own! I went with a clear guard on my Orange 5420

Register Sign in to join the conversation