Duane Eddy's House of Twang

B.B. King in Home Hospice Care

Duane has told the story of meeting B.B. many times over the years. That was in Oakland, February 24, 1960. They worked together once more at The Hollywood Bowl, in 2008, playing Peter Gunn for the finale while fireworks lit up the sky.

It will be one of the great memories for me. B.B. and Duane on the same stage...and now, let's all think the good thoughts and send prayers for B.B.

It will be one of the great memories for me. B.B. and Duane on the same stage...and now, let's all think the good thoughts and send prayers for B.B.

– Deed Eddy

June 20, 2008

A very rough recording of Duane and BB King performing Peter Gunn at the Hollywood Bowl.

BB and Duane have done more for the electric guitar than just about anyone. Sure the total 1st generation guys like Charlie Christian and Les Paul where there a bit ahead of them, etc. I admire the ones who just keep playing, no matter what.

This is terrible news! I met BB back stage at a concert at Denison University in Ohio in circa 1971, and got to talk for a couple of minutes. Really nice man! There have been a number of great bluesmen over the years, but I can't think of anyone who had as big an impact on blues around the world as BB, both as a singer and player. He is the best of the best, and I hope with all my heart that this doesn't end up where hospice usually ends up. A note of hope: my father in law went into hospice once and recovered, so it is possible.

As you say, let us have hope. Keep sending love B.B.'s way. Play some blues, turn it up.

That man can do more with one note than a shredder can do in an hour.

I went to see the All man Brothers in 1971... Duane Allman..the original band...the opening act was BB King..he hit that ONE note and changed me forever...like an icepick... Glad I saw him in his younger years..three piece suit...in a room full of long haired hippies... What a show..

That man can do more with one note than a shredder can do in an hour.

– Curt Wilson

Yup. Hope he's okay. He has inspired many and will inspire many more.

King of the Blues.Great interview when BB and Eric Clapton made the album Riding with the King, Eric said on one of the tunes he could show BB the chords! BB replied, don't do chords man! .Classic blues Ikon.

I heard that John Hiatt rode "Riding with the King" with BB King in mind. He's a national treasure!

When Clapton first became known to me in the '60's he said one of his inspirations was BB King. I figured BB was 70 years old then! He is a treasure and glad I got to see him at Wolf Trap a few years ago.

Such a legend and such a gentleman. After a show he played my brother and I were lucky to get onto his bus and speak with him. He signed our tickets and was so friendly you'd think he knew us.

Anyway get well Riley B King we love you and need you.

People are sick...money...greed..over someone's well being... My dad passed...my brother robbed his bank account..robbed his home...and left sticky notes in his home on items he could not haul away...claiming they were his...sick sick sick

Rick, I've seen, and been thru, similar situations. You'd think that this so called manager would have BB King's best interests at heart. Does she have power of attorney as well? This is reminiscent of the Kasey Kasem debacle---another sad situation.

BB King was, and still is, a class act.

Latest news: A judge in Las Vegas says there is no evidence of abuse after two investigations were completed. This could also be a power grab by some of King's daughters. Situation is still sad.

After having gone through the same thing (and legally) I can tell you that 'abuse' is VERY, VERY hard to prove. So is neglect. We tried, we failed. Just because a judge can't rule on it, it doesn't mean it's not happening. Very sad.

BB....Please get well....The world needs you....Dolf

Saddened by the breaking news that B B King has died. A huge talent and influence has gone.

Saddened by the breaking news that B B King has died. A huge talent and influence has gone.

– JACK

Same here. Just heard the news on XFM.

Register Sign in to join the conversation