Miscellaneous Rumbles

when was the last time you imbibed.

OK we where playing down in my basement, that is a hell of more than a basement. All
or at least most of my friends smoke. That being said I do not. I took a poke. Not good for my ability to play or sing., Pot is way stronger then it used to be. I do believe that it should not be a crime however. I am one of the guys that don't poke.

Oh, for me it's years. The crap that's around now is nasty. Years ago it was have a puff and a giggle, now it's have a puff and get neurotic and angry.

Making it illegal seems to work, doesn't it? (sarcasm alert)

Did once - didn't like it. In high school I had a few mates who had the odd toke, and some who were stoners, but I'm not in contact with them anymore. I have no real opinion on it's legalisation - I guess like a lot of things it's time/place/amount etc that add up to a good time or a bad one.

Re-reading my post makes me look very lame - oh well, now where's my slippers?

It's not my thing, but I really have no objection to it being legal. People who smoke are going to do it either way, might as well keep the tax revenue local instead of supporting the drug cartels.

DUDE!

It's been quite awhile. The COPD doesn't get on with it well. I also pretty Well gave up serious drinking when I turned 21. Compared to some of the other stuff that folks have been sparking up, the herb is pretty well benign. By legalizing it, we could let two thirds of the people in jail go free.

There's an attack ad running in Canada that suggests legalizing marijuana is a juvenile pursuit. "Grow up!"

Sounds like a fantastic business name, or rallying cry.

After watching "Dazed And Confused"...

"Daddy, did you smoke pot back in the 70s?"

"I got stoned once, that's it."

What I didn't say was that it was from 1976 to 1979.

Well, hang on a second......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................what's the question

There's an attack ad running in Canada that suggests legalizing marijuana is a juvenile pursuit. "Grow up!"

Sounds like a fantastic business name, or rallying cry.

– hammerhands

Or a band name...

I used to heartily quaff The Devil's Brew... but when I played I didn't because the playing fell apart pretty fast. In the day when bands played 4 full sets, sometimes at end of the last set if things were going well, I would have one.

But I stopped any/all drinking at the very end of last century.

...our band still plays 4 full sets.....don't others?

It's been 11+ years, sans weed, for me. I liked it, but it didn't like me. So, I'm glad I quit.

But I don't believe it should be illegal. The smartest thing our government could do would be to legalize it and tax it. But our government rarely does the smart thing. But that's way, way off topic. Sorry.........

...our band still plays 4 full sets.....don't others?

– Rob Williams

We got one this weekend. Those gigs are where I learned to love a 6.5 lb guitar.

My Dad did once, out back of Chubbys, with Nat King Cole.

This was his reasoning for prohibiting me, a child of the 70's, from piano lessons...so I would never smoke weed.

I'm 53. Born in 62. Smoked weed for most of the 80's and am still paying the consequences to this day.

I drink a few beers now and have a giggle.

But will NEVER return to the evil weed!!

Shouldn't "imbibe" refer to being sank in liquid, so drinking rather than smoking?
I'm confused....

Well my use of the word was not well thought out, but I was thinking more along the lines of smoking pot. I am all for the legalization of said herb and have no problem with folks who smoke, but I just can't handle it, it's way to strong these days. I must say that within my circle of friends most of them smoke. In terms of drinking I will admit to the use of spirits.

I see no argument for the criminalisation OR legalisation of marijuana that could not be applied equally to alcohol.

Hey Sligo, I have worked in bars off and on for most of my life as a tender, bouncer, or behind my guitar, and alcohol in my opinion, is a much more destructive drug then pot. In all of my time in bar rooms it has been very rare to see two guys that have been smoking square off and start swinging punches around, on the other hand by nine pm a lot of guys start getting their beer muscles and find it necessary to fight with anybody and everybody. Although I like to drink I don't hang out in bars anymore.

Hey Sligo, I have worked in bars off and on for most of my life as a tender, bouncer, or behind my guitar, and alcohol in my opinion, is a much more destructive drug then pot. In all of my time in bar rooms it has been very rare to see two guys that have been smoking square off and start swinging punches around, on the other hand by nine pm a lot of guys start getting their beer muscles and find it necessary to fight with anybody and everybody. Although I like to drink I don't hang out in bars anymore.

– chrisbo

So true, Chrisbo. You never hear anyone use the expression "pot muscles".....

Never have and never will. It's just a stupid thing to do to your body...

I am a "Dazed and Confused" high school alumni of said class, 1976, so it was kind of hard to avoid. Did it for a number of years but with the exception of one stupid night many years ago, stopped cold 32 years ago. I have no interest is revisiting it and wished I had those wasted (pardon the pun) years back.

Register Sign in to join the conversation