Electromatics

G5420t Bridge replacement - wound third.

Hi, loving my new aspen green G420t, but would like to look into replacing the stock tune-o-matic bridge. Ideally, I'd want the absolute minimum of fuss, so something that would just slot in would be ideal. Looking at the solid bar bridges, but not sure the intonation would be ok using a wound third? I'm also worried that the saddle is secured, and don't want to start messing with that. Any comments and suggestions really appreciated.

Contact Proteus for a TruArc. The regular ones are great and you will be amazed at the improvement in tone. But the Serpentunes are fantastic and I believe that he has them for wound third strings as well as unwound.

The preceding was an unpaid endorsement.

Contact Proteus for a TruArc. The regular ones are great and you will be amazed at the improvement in tone. But the Serpentunes are fantastic and I believe that he has them for wound third strings as well as unwound.

The preceding was an unpaid endorsement.

– Don Birchett

@Don Birchett

Many thanks, I've heard good things about the hese, and have contacted a local dealer (here in England) with some questions.

I put a Tru-Arc on my 5420t and it transformed the sound, playability, and tuning stability all at the same time!

Contact Proteus for a TruArc. Don Birchett

I'm trying to get a hold of Proteus right now

My new titanium SerpenTune bridge bottoms out on the posts on my 6131T PE Firebird Jet, and I may need to exchange it for a low rider. I just sent a email today to see what Tim can do for me.

The action is very low and exactly where I like it, however my concern is that if anything changes with the guitar, I won't be able to make any more adjustments lower. I'm leaning towards exchange.

I will say that the guitar is super lively now, it vibrates against my body more than it used to, and it sounds amazing!

@Don Birchett

Many thanks, I've heard good things about the hese, and have contacted a local dealer (here in England) with some questions.

– Finch

And he has answered...

Hi, loving my new aspen green G420t, but would like to look into replacing the stock tune-o-matic bridge. Ideally, I'd want the absolute minimum of fuss, so something that would just slot in would be ideal. Looking at the solid bar bridges, but not sure the intonation would be ok using a wound third? I'm also worried that the saddle is secured, and don't want to start messing with that. Any comments and suggestions really appreciated.

– Finch

Hi Finch, I researched and deliberated for a long time until I resolved to the Tru-Arc Serpentune for my electromatic. Tim was very helpful and provided a printable measurator tool to make sure you get the right one for your guitar. I posted a video comparison a while ago for the forum, here is the link if you want to suss it out: Link

Good luck!

I have a Tru Arc stainless on my 6120 DSV and also had one on a 6119 all worked well, UK sourced through f holes. I also have a players addition 6119 with the stock bar bridge aka Gretsch correct radius and I think its Brass nickel coated and is super a bit more mellow to my ears and no probs with intonation and I use a wound third 10.5 48 pure nickel.

And he has answered...

– Deke Martin

You did indeed - many thanks.

Ordered a TruArc. Many thanks all.

Register Sign in to join the conversation