Electromatics

Electromatic modded gallery

Since I have been on a picture posting kick lately, I figured I'd post one of mine.

Since I have been on a picture posting kick lately, I figured I'd post one of mine.

– Todd Kelly

– Re-Todd

Re-Todd, is that shotgun cartridges knobs? Very cool idea and it look great.

Good eyes Andreas, yes they are. As a matter of fact they are Winchester Western 10 Gauges. Of all the guitars I have I like this one the most. It gets more comments from people than you would believe and it is the one I have the least amount of money in.

I can't resist posting more pictures of my 5120, but I have done some more things to it since page 2.

How do you like the scalloped frets mainsoda? Also, is that jack functional, or is it simply to cover up the hole from the missing third knob?

Metal binding looks great BTW8-)

Otter, I love the scallops, they are extremely functional. I have always found the upper frets more difficult to play, but no longer. Now they feel like air.

As for the "jack" you speak of that is just a tuning peg grommet. My best solution for a mistake I made punching a hole through the sparkle top in the first place.

Good eyes Andreas, yes they are. As a matter of fact they are Winchester Western 10 Gauges. Of all the guitars I have I like this one the most. It gets more comments from people than you would believe and it is the one I have the least amount of money in.

– Todd Kelly

– Re-Todd

I just wanted to add that I love the look of those shotgun shell knobs. That is very cool. I might have to steal that idea some day!

Dylan

– Re-Todd

I just wanted to add that I love the look of those shotgun shell knobs. That is very cool. I might have to steal that idea some day!

Dylan

– Dylan

– Re-Todd

Dylan

– Dylan

Go for it!! I did the knob parts out of solid brass so they had good weight. Plus the finish will patina but won't wear off. I polished them before this picture, but I think I like the dull brass look better, it looks more authentic. Nice thing about brass is you can polish it shiny, or let it age and patina.

I Really REALLY like your pro jet! =] I gotta say, it's one of the nicest ive seen yet.

I read that you made your own tension bar. If you don't mind, can i get some tips on how you made them, or if you sell them, or what you used to make them?

mainsoda, checked your site out. Your one talented individual:D

Thanks BENTE, I am humbled by your kind words.

For further mods to my 5120, see Post: 260.

A Great deal of thanks out there to folks like partsman, who inspired me to get my 5122 to start with. The many of you who came up with cool ideas and motivation to pursue the transformation my two Gretsch guitars have gone through in the past couple of years!

The latest mod, inspired and coached by hellbilly. The next addition, a brass nut. Something I copped off Bear here... Thanks!

2010 G5120. Surf 90's, TA AL-120, '1 inch Bigsby spring and a home made gold pick guard. I used a clear 5120 guard, a reversed Setzer GreTsch logo decal, and Krylon Metallic Gold spray paint.

Again, great stuff, fellas! What, no HiLo'Trons? :)

The only Mod so far is the TRC That Setzer made for me. I LOVE this guitar.

And with the Vince Ray Snarl. ;-)

Should finally put up my 5122. With the usual upgrades.

My 2007 5120 with a US Gretsch Bigsby, i've also changed the bridge and the pickups. One GFS P90 on neck and a new GFS Retrotron on bridge. I've just receveid a pickguard today made in a vintage 6120 Gretsch pickguard and cut professionnaly at the 5120 size. Link...

my Gretsch 5120 i've removed the bigsby, the pickups, the tuners, the knobs, the pickguard and add a G found on ebay.

I turned this sweet pretty guitar into a cheap tramp.

Register Sign in to join the conversation