Electromatics

Electro 5420T

This is one of the best new guitars I've played in years. Electromatic's never really had it, this guitar has it.

This is the one that was dropped on the end pin and it's cracked around the Bigsby. I bought it to fix it up at some point and sell it but after I played it a bit I said "f### that, I'm keeping it"! I'm not even fixing it.

Yes a couple mods, had to do it.

Awesome! I like the pickup, bridge and Bigsby mods. Anything else?

And pretty loud unplugged, too.

Love that Fairlane Blue!

So if it plays as good as looks, it’s a clear winner. Congrats

Awesome! I like the pickup, bridge and Bigsby mods. Anything else?

– BuddyHollywood

You got 'em all!

So if it plays as good as looks, it’s a clear winner. Congrats

– Baba Joe

Plays and sounds way better than she looks.

Curt, is it just my eyes, or does that Bigsby lean starboard a bit?

Cool guitar!

A friend got an Aspen Green one a year ago; he'd signed up with the auto Gretsch email and based strictly by the sound on the computer he had to have one. We went to Haight Ashbury Music and got it and I was blown away by everything: sound, feel, construction and of course looks. The blacktop Filters are pretty good in their own right too. A really great mod platform.

Curt, is it just my eyes, or does that Bigsby lean starboard a bit?

Cool guitar!

– Ric12string

It does, that's where it was dropped and it's a little crunchy back there, doesn't affect anything.

A week or so old thread but it's never to late to drool over something cool. I think there's an equation that may be constant though: Electric guitar + Curt Wilson = something real good with a hint of magic! Nice Curt!

Seems the last series of 54’ Fairlanes are full of Mojo. Mine is perfectly finished and sounds georgeous. Much better than my 2015 Hot Rod. Mods: dBridge, TV classic/classic+, B6/Duane handle.

Nice one, I modified mine too with a B6C its so much better than the monkey metal B6 one it comes with which doesn't have enough screws in either!

I put on a Vanson Roller Tunamatic bridge and that works very well. I may upgrade the tuners to a set of Wilkinson like 3 +3 in the Kluson style, or may go the Sperzl route.

Pickups are ok but I might put a pair of TVs on it!

The blue accent in the B6C is a great touch.

I've got a black one arriving today. Being left handed, it doesn't come with a bigsby, so trying to track a B6C down. All this talk of mods is driving me crazy and ive not even got it yet!!!

Pffft! Old news. (wink)

I've been yelling this from the rooftops ever since Karolyn won hers in Nashville. Gretsch really knocked it out of the park, with these. The Blue is so freakin impressive (it looks so different from every angle) and the playability (yeah, I know it's not a real word) is fantastic. Damn near plays itself. (Ha)

When did you get yours, Curt?

IDK if you are coming to Grumpfest next weekend, but if you are, bring it!

Otherwise, I'll have to check it out when I pick up the newly fretted tele

I love mine. Just bought it and it's one of the best playing guitars I own ...the setup and playability are stellar..the color is fantastic...I'm leaving mine stock for awhile ..I see no reason to mess with it..I also love the Blacktop Filtertron..great flavor of the classic HS Filtertron. I also own a SSLVO and 6122-62 SP (TV Classic in neck and HS in Bridge ) this 5420 takes no backseat. The sparkle on these is tastefully done and is very Hot Rod.

Register Sign in to join the conversation