Electromatics

Do you want that Gretsch starts to make the 5420 with Dynsonics?

Hi!

How many of you guys would buy a 5420 with dynasonics if Gretsch starts to manufacture them?

Please leave a reply in this topic, if you would by one!

I'm going to send this to Gretsch customer service and I hope that they will put the 5420 with dynasonics into production.

The more replys here in this topic from you guys the bigger the chance that they will put the 5420 with dynasonics into production.

Best regards David

If I could afford one right now, then yes.

Why not, althou there once was ’em, silver and gold sparkle electromatics with dynasonics - or quite like ’em, D’armond 2000’s whatevers. And I had one but switched the pups into TV Jones filtertrons in dyna casings.

Probably they won’t make ’em with real Dynasonics even if you’d peg.

Why not, althou there once was ’em, silver and gold sparkle electromatics with dynasonics - or quite like ’em, D’armond 2000’s whatevers. And I had one but switched the pups into TV Jones filtertrons in dyna casings.

Probably they won’t make ’em with real Dynasonics even if you’d peg.

– ChesterTheThird

They could use those Staple P90s that Gretsch is putting in the new Streamliners.

Well check out the Gretsch G5125. It has Dynasonics already, prolly same body as a 5420 but not orange. They are black. I have one and it's great!!! Got it just for the Dynasonic tone. I replaced the bridge and nut and it's a real nice guitar. AND you can find'em worth the money like on EBay or Reverb. Kind'a like a hidden gem. Look at some of the YouTube videos of guys playing them to get an idea of how they sound. You might just be in for a surprise!!! Steve

The G5125 is a really great guitar, they should just revive that line!

I certainly would have, had it been available. I also think they should throw Bigsbys on them, but Dynas alone would be cool,

Hey, while I gotcha on the line....check out on YouTube "Limehouse Blues Gretsch 5129" (Holger Bogen). He's playing his red 5129 with Dynasonic pickups and he toggles to all three positions so you can hear the range of the pickups. Basically the same guitar as a 6120 or 5125. Check out some of his other videos. He's a great player

The 512X series has Dearmond 2000 pickups. They hold their own well. Like ChesterTheThird, I doubt you will see Dynas in an Electromatic. Got to differentiate between the Pro Line somehow I guess.

It won't happen. If you want to buy a BlackTop Filtertron, it's $40. A standard FilterTron is $120, and a Dynasonic is $260. They would have to add $400 to that guitar to make the same money, and that just isn't realistic. Obviously those prices aren't their cost, but retail, but the fact remains they aren't going to drop in a pickup that cost 7x what the current ones cost.

Register Sign in to join the conversation