Electromatics

Changing the appearance of the Projet MOP pickguard

I do not care for the MOP pickguard. I would like to change it's color. I was wondering if using steel wool to rough up the surface, and applying an anodized spray paint would be more later nightmare, than leaving it as is. Has anyone painted one of these???

I realize I would have to paint both sides, and then there is the issue of it being three ply, I actually like the black center. I was thinking of maybe an aluminum color to match the rest of the chrome bling all over the guitar. Suggestions?? Do it, or.. are you crazy!? Should I just search out a new properly made one??

A friend has a projet; you'd be best off cutting a new clear plastic piece. Spraying the top color wont work too well because it will get scratched. While your at it, you may want to alter the shape so it looks more like an old duo jet's, much better looking IMHO. Setzer can make you a nice one and it will do your jet justice.

Contact forum member Setzer. He's well known for his pick guards.

I didn't like the pearly pickguard on my ProJet so I ordered a silver one from Paul Setzer. Just the job -- looks much better now.

Unless you strum like Pete Townsend,,take it off and throw it in the trash,They look better without a pickguard anyway.

I didn't like the pearly pickguard on my ProJet so I ordered a silver one from Paul Setzer. Just the job -- looks much better now.

– Dave_K

Me too, and I went for a Duo Jet style tear drop shape.

Register Sign in to join the conversation