Electromatics

black n white

Indescribably delicious!

Funny this topic should come up, regardless of the fact that it doesn’t seem to have an original post to spur discussion. We’re playing a dance this Friday, and the theme is “Black and White.” Yes, the theme is for the dancers, but I’d like to play the game, too. I have the wardrobe all figured out. What I want to bring is a black guitar and a white guitar. I have two black ones to choose from. But my only white guitar is a Mary Kay white partscaster Tele, and it doesn’t have a Bigsby, which makes it less than ideal for most of our songs. Now I’m wishing I never sold that Epi Swingster in blingy white, it would have been perfect. Plus it was a nice guitar. A white 5420 would be nice, too, if one were on the market around here. I guess I can bring the Tele and hope I don’t break a string on the black guitar.

Hate it when I get suckered into a non-post thread!

Funny this topic should come up, regardless of the fact that it doesn’t seem to have an original post to spur discussion. We’re playing a dance this Friday, and the theme is “Black and White.” Yes, the theme is for the dancers, but I’d like to play the game, too. I have the wardrobe all figured out. What I want to bring is a black guitar and a white guitar. I have two black ones to choose from. But my only white guitar is a Mary Kay white partscaster Tele, and it doesn’t have a Bigsby, which makes it less than ideal for most of our songs. Now I’m wishing I never sold that Epi Swingster in blingy white, it would have been perfect. Plus it was a nice guitar. A white 5420 would be nice, too, if one were on the market around here. I guess I can bring the Tele and hope I don’t break a string on the black guitar.

– giffenf

"Ebony and Ivory"? We played a Beaux Arts Ball decades ago at Notre Dame where all of the attendees were in black and white costumes. They hadn't mentioned the "dress code" to us. We were hired last minute when another band didn't show up. Strange gig in the old fieldhouse there, but lotsa fun.

Register Sign in to join the conversation