Electromatics

B5 to B7 conversion

Hey gang, Apologies if this has been covered, but is a B7 a drop-in replacement for a B5? And would all holes be covered? Seems like things should line up pretty well. This would be on a G5230T. Thanks!

It would be amazing if it was a drop in.

Assuming you already have the guitar with B5, You could measure the hole placement currently with the B5 and get the B7 dims to see if it'll overlay. I have two B7 guitars and no B5, so can't really say.

Your G5230T has the licensed B50, I'll make the assumption that you want to upgrade to the USA made B7.

The B50 is 96.8 mm wide

The B7 is 92.1 mm wide

Those numbers are from the blueprints on the Bigsby site.

I think the holes would be covered but would have to filled and re-drilled, best of luck.

Sorry, I should have clarified - I was planning on sticking with the licensed stuff, so it would be a B70. I'll go check those blueprints, though. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry, I should have clarified - I was planning on sticking with the licensed stuff, so it would be a B70. I'll go check those blueprints, though. Thanks for the tip!

– BUZZMAN

Cool. Glad to help. You'll have to show your results to help the next time the query arises. Have fun.

Looks like the B70 is 95.3 MM wide overall (1.5MM narrower than the B50). The mounting holes might even line up. Either way, I think I'll go for it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation