Electromatics

And now, in Cadillac Green!

Seems Gretsch now gravitates to the "wrong" Cadillac Green - the one I like!

Just got a marketing email about this one, suppose everyone else gets it too. The pic in the email is way more alluring than it looks at the Gretsch site, here: https://www.gretschguitars....

I'm glad I don't need a Cad green hollerbody, this one would come right home with me. Too bad it's not 17" - but most prefer 16.

Pretty - and pretty durn cool!

Just got that email too, Tim. Purty lookin' guitar, for sure !

Sort of a sparkle vibe? Pretty nice

Seriously, why is there such lack of attention to detail getting the color right? Gretsch is an iconic brand with iconic colors. Why do they insist on revisionist caddy green?

Just call it funky green sparkle...

When I saw the guitar in the email with the appearance of deep sparkles, I thought "wowsers!" On the website, it's a much more subdued color - more understated elegance than flashy glamour. Both lovely, but my crass American mentality definitely leans to flashy.

I leased a first U.S. Model Year 1999 Green Cadillac "Opel" Catera back in the day...

Quite similar color and sparkle, especially in sunlight...I called it Hunter Green, very classy with light Beige interior.

What's not to like?

Got the same email.... unfortunately, I seem to be starting to salivate.

I leased a first U.S. Model Year 1999 Green Cadillac "Opel" Catera back in the day...

Quite similar color and sparkle, especially in sunlight...I called it Hunter Green, very classy with light Beige interior.

What's not to like?

– Twangmeisternyc

So you know Lease a Catera?

Don't know Lisa...

Now, I would have liked to meet Apollonia "Kotero" ...back in the day...wearing something green and sparkly...

Come to think of it, my R850R was Catera Green....Apollonia would have fit just fine on back!

That's a good looking guitar in that picture, and I like the color of the one on the website even better. Though they both aren't Cadillac Green. My 6120ssugr looks more Cadillac Green than this one...

More green Gretsch guitars is a good thing though.

Boy howdy, if I didn't already have a 5420 in Ice Blue Metal Flake, that one would sure be tempting! That's my favorite Cadillac Green iteration too!

Beautimous - but let's hope that they stop before there's a Caddie Greenliner!

I like it but fortunately have a version of Cadillac Green already covered.

Register Sign in to join the conversation