Electromatics

5420 - Limited Edition Smoke Green

Just noticed this one on Streetsounds' Ebay store. Bit of an odd bird, it's a limited edition, yet being sold as used. Either way, it's a good price on a 5420.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GRET...

Doesn't Gretsch do custom orders as long as you order a minimum quantity, like ten or more?

They have done in the past, and I know Rocky at Streetsounds has done a few custom orders before. Usually they're sold as new instruments though, not used.

Meh, looks more like ivory than green to me. I'm still a fan of the Aspen green ones.

I think that custom orders are now at about either 16 or 20, if I recall correctly.

I like that color. At the Northern California Roundup in 2011, there was a reverse Anniversary guitar that Joe Carducci gave away and I remarked to him at the time that the lighter green color would make an awesome colored guitar just by itself. Glad to see that someone else (perhaps Rocky) agreed with me.

I think it looks beautiful. I would snatch this up if I could. I also like the Aspen green color.

I agree with Ripley on both counts. This really looks more like ivory, and I think I like aspen green a bit more. Still cool to see some unique colors on these 5420's.

The photographs don't depict the color very well. You would have to see it in person.

I also like the aspen green color; the two are quite different.

Looks more like a Cherry Blossom paint mix issue than an attempt at a new color. Thus, Limited Ed.

Looks more like a Cherry Blossom paint mix issue than an attempt at a new color. Thus, Limited Ed.

– NJBob

– NJBob

Kinda what I was thinking too NJBob, just on a smaller scale than the Cherry Blossom models. Might explain the limited edition moniker with used pricing.

It does look white but if Rocky says it's light green I would tend to believe.

Boy, I hate to think of what someone dropped in the white paint this time!

The photographs don't depict the color very well. You would have to see it in person.

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

I think it looks like Ivory too. Which I love. That's what I'm afraid of. If it is more green in person don't think I would like it as much. I would buy it if it was Ivory like the pic looks. :(

Rocky's photos have been known to not depict colors accurately. I've noticed in the past that the smoke green in his pics of Annies looks a bit washed out.

Paul/FF909

I dont like the humpblock inlays on these new models, nor the giant pickup surrounds. Colors cool though.

I believe that this is more representative of the color of that guitar.

Wow, i like it!

Aspen green is one of my favourite colours!

Ric, your pics make it pop. Not buying it, but I like it.

As much as I love smoke green Annies, this doesn't do it for me. I think this particular color really needs to darker green back, sides and pickguard to stand out.

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

It's awesome. That color reminds me of a color that they painted some '57 Chevys and some '54 Oldsmobiles

Very unique color. :D Now I see the green in it though, from a distance, it looks ivory.

Sad to see a grey/silver pick guard on this beauty. I think an Aspen Green pick guard would be more suitable. Byt hey, that's only my opinion.

Register Sign in to join the conversation