Duane Eddy's House of Twang

We’ll see you in the UK in May!

Great ! Playing York again....It's only an 8 mile drive for us! This household is getting really excited.

Please come to see us in Ireland this time.... I have been looking forward to seeing Duane live again since the last time you were here with the Everlys back in 1990.

While you're in the 'neighbourhood', a trip over the canal to The Netherlands would be very much appreciated ... :D

Exactly!

In may, there is also a chance Paul Pigat is in Europe too. If he could join Duane for a few songs than that would be double great! Well, NAMM can be the testing ground.

Just got two front row centre at Grand Opera House York.:D Nice article about tour in yesterdays York Press newspaper.Link... You may have to enter Duane Eddy in the search link to access the article.

Anne & I will be directly behind you in the centre of row 2!!

Anne & I will be directly behind you in the centre of row 2!!

-- Arthur

I will tell Therese to 'watch her back' ! :)

Ron will be there, rest assured of that. We're really pleased to see Glascow on the schedule and hoping to add more dates in Scotland. I would love to get to Ireland on this tour, as we have so many friends there and my great-grandparents (the Sheedys) came to America from Ireland in the 1880's.

-- Deed Eddy

In that case, I'm going to have to insist.

Would it be too audacious to suggest that Duane may give us a special rendition of " Diamonds " on the tour ! - A tribute to Jet Harris , who would play Duanes " Theme For Something Really Important " in concert . Jet was just great, I was able to banter with him from the audience ! On one of the last occasions , I inquired from a front seat , " Why dont you perform with Duane ? " With his wonderful dry sense of humour he responded, " He could not afford me !" - Supreme jocularity !

**This post has been deleted**

Got my tickets for May 13th at the RNCM (Bruntwood Theatre) Manchester in the post today - wow that was fast service. Got second row centre stalls so happy with that :)

Just booked tickets for the De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill, 21st May. Really looking forward to it.

Due to things I vert rarely get a chance to post on here these days - but I must say - At Last!! I have my ticket for the village of Frome in Somerset 24th May. It's about an hour drive from where I live, but I don't care if it was twice as long as that, so long as I see and hear Duane playing - something I never did in the 50's & 60's (to my shame). I an a bit excited to say the least.

I shall be going along with an ex member of the band I am in. Duane was the reason he got into rock n' roll - and Because They're Young was the record that did it. He was only about 9 then and he blames Duane for it all! :D Duane is the reason he is a musician.

When my ex band mate rang me to excitedly say he had seen a poster in his town for Duane I was astounded that he would come to such a small town, but then again, with Duane it doesn't surprise me - he obviously wants to ensure all get a fair chance of seeing him which sums up the great man. Will you be there Deed? If I had a chance to say hello to you and your husband I would be absolutely honoured and privileged - and as for my ex band mate - well I reckon for him it would be a dream of his come true. Plus - he is envious of my Gretsch and I know that after seeing Duane play he will find the money somehow and buy one - and it'll be the DE model without any shadow of doubt. Trouble is - I'll want one too to keep my DSW company - how do I explain that to my wife?

Are there any other Gretsch Pagers going to the Frome concert?

Ron will be there, rest assured of that. We're really pleased to see Glascow on the schedule and hoping to add more dates in Scotland. I would love to get to Ireland on this tour, as we have so many friends there and my great-grandparents (the Sheedys) came to America from Ireland in the 1880's.

– Deed Eddy

– Deed Eddy

My grandmother (a Sheeran) was born in County Longford in 1880 or so. She came to the U.S. as a child, and then returned Ireland for a few years around the turn of the century before coming back to the U.S. for good.

It sounds like it will be grand tour!

Two more dates announced for Duane's UK tour , Basingstoke - Anvil Arts - Wed 23rd May and Coventry - Warwick Arts Centre - Mon 28th May .

I also hear that Nell Brydon will be on the bill on the tour but I'm not familiar with her work ...yet :)

These aren't actually new dates - they were announced last month but for some reason "Ents-24" have just picked up the info. GPers who don't belong to the Duane Eddy Circle might want to keep an eye on our web site as there may be information there that might be of interest (www.duaneeddycircle.com). I also send out "e-lines" with breaking news on Duane and you don't need to be a Circle member to receive these, so if anyone would like to be included, please send an e-mail to me at a.j.moir@sheffield.ac.uk; I send the messages "bcc" so your e-mail address will not be "public".

Oops I apologies for that post then Arthur :( It was "Ent-24" announcement that prompted it, I should have checked.

Hopefully we can catch up with you in Manchester - looking forward to meeting you and also all the Circle members who will be going. They have certainly chosen an interesting selection of venues for Duane this time round and folks who are able to get to more than one gig will be able to see how Duane can make each venue into an intimate show no matter whether it is an all-seated theatre or a standing-only converted cinema, or even a circus!!

We had the Britannic embracement of Rock n Roll including the instrumental variety, personified by Duane decades ago ! - Well with the May UK tour it will be like being in a time capsule or walking through Dr Whos police phone box. - Just expecting to view a sea of boot lace ties , drain pipes and crepe soles - DA hair styles and thats just the lads , in the audiences - If the moth balls are removed from the jackets ! - Whatever the dress code,the ubiquitous guitar man might even come close to eclipsing other note - worthy events scheduled for 2012 - soon be booking for Market Harborough my second concert - no tardis !

My tickets for the Bexhill show arrived yesterday. Anyone else from here going to that night's show?

Please,please,please try to come see us in Ireland this time around.

Well have tickets for both ends of the spectrum so to speak, with Duanes UK tour. Leisure Centre ,Market Harborough and the Arts Centre,Warwick University. - As I knew very little about Nell Bryden ,thought it would be an idea to look on YouTube - she is there, strums a mean guitar,sings "Not Like Loving You" et al ! - No doubt she will open for Duane, now we have seen the " twangy guitar " lend itself to virtually anything musical. " Will there be a meeting of minds with Duane and Nell performing together ? " - A first perhaps ? - A pebble in the ocean for a colossus , in the history of rock ! - But a new exciting page in a very talented ,singer - songwriters book ! Yes I think we will hear much more of Nells material in the future ! I remember Duane joining the Everly Brothers for the last song at a concert at the NEC Birmingham some years ago. Years prior to that on a tour wth Jerry Lee Lewis, I remember the suggestion was made on the Stuart Colman show on BBC radio 2, the Duane would like to come out and pick with Jerry Lee at the end of those concerts . Dont think that actually happened. Certainly not at Birmingham !

Duane has been confirmed as the headline act for this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival. He appears at the Great Yarmouth Hippodrome on May 19.

The venue is just 30 minutes drive from our village so we just couldn't miss this. I just booked 8 tickets, front row.

I wouldn't usually buy front row seats but this place is different:- http://www.hippodromecircus...

It's a circus - look at the gallery of pix & seating plan. So, "ringside" seats are the best.

The Hippodrome is the UK's last proper circus theatre venue and is a bit of a national treasure so it's good to have an international treasure playing here. The Hippodrome is owned by Peter Jay formerly of Peter Jay and The Jaywalkers fame.

Oh, and the day afterwards we join Deke and Rachel for Duane's Queen Elizabeth Hall show to complete a Duane Eddy Weekend.

Edit: make that 9 seats.

Duane playing in a circus - Reminds me of the old footage showing Duane and the Rebels riding around a car park on the elephant playing' 40 Miles Of Bad Road' !

Yes, Jack, I think Duane will have to arrange something along those lines! :D

Register Sign in to join the conversation