Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Turn your speakers up. Listen to this. Have a great day.

Just all around great new artist...

Thats great stuff Deed! Thanks! hadn't heard of him.

I liked that. Good and solid. The sound guys on the Letterman show do an excellent job. I really did dig the guitar picking. Good stuff.

I liked that quite a bit. Nothing better than authentic guitar-driven tunes. Simpson's guitarist, Laur Joamets, plays that Tele like he was born in Texas, rather than his native Estonia.

I liked that quite a bit. Nothing better than authentic guitar-driven tunes. Simpson's guitarist, Laur Joamets, plays that Tele like he was born in Texas, rather than his native Estonia.

– Ric12string

What he said - In spades ! Seriously, a great new talent emerging here.

Thanks for posting that Deed, it works for this old country boy!

I noticed those guys like a F chord about as much as I do.

Not big on todays country but I sure liked that a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Whooo Doggy! That was good. Thanks Deed!!

OH HELL YES!!!!!

An exceptionally good, emerging, bar band.

– Rockabillybob

RBBob, I am not sure if I am reading your remark properly. It seems to me that you are suggesting that this band it nothing more than a decent bar band. If that is the correct interpretation, I couldn't agree with it.

There are several things that make this better than a decent or good bar band:

• The band is very tight, working like a well-oiled machine. They have obviously spent some time playing and have gelled well to get that tight sound and feel. The tempo doesn't flag anywhere and there is lots of energy to their playing.

• The musicianship. That guitar player is vastly better than your average bar band guitarist. He knows what to play and, even more importantly, he knows what not to play. And when not to play. That guy is really, really good. The frequent use of the open first string in the chords throughout the song is a nice touch.

• They play an easy song well. The song is stupid simple in structure. But, often it is the simple stuff that trips people up.

This is a group of professionals who, in my estimation, are far past the local bar band stage.

Sturgill Simpson sold out three shows in New York this week. We watched that performance the other night more than a few times, thanks to DVR, and it only got more exciting and satisfying. Duane tweeted his initial thoughts about Mr. Simpson right away.

Sometimes you just have to say what you feel

I liked that. Good and solid. The sound guys on the Letterman show do an excellent job. I really did dig the guitar picking. Good stuff.

– Richard Hudson

Oh yeah! Love that sound.

Thanks for that. I too haven't heard them before. They sound great to me.

Oh my thats great, reminds me a lot of Waylon Jennings and what a great sounding band.

Get ya dancing shoes on.

My first reaction was also , Waylon's back to entertain us !

That was very cool of Duane. I would be stoked to see Duane comment about my band.

Thanks for posting. That was a fresh breath of new country air. I loved David Letterman's comments after the performance.

I like it, very Dwight-yoakam-y, and that's a good thing IMO.

Thanks Deed for STURGILL SIMPSON ....Just GREAT!...Better than Caned-Beer on a hot day after mow'n the lawn.....Loved the Drummer with Traditional left hand and sing harmony Yeaaaaa!!!...The band is tighter than SuperGlue with LockTight.....I loved Sturgill energy and with lots of Feel....Feel is always Friendly.....Care Dolf

Saw these guys this summer in Spain. They played very, very well

Temperance Movement

– el_pabst

A buddy turned me on to these guys a couple months ago. Good stuff indeed. They hit the lottery and got the opening slot for The Rolling Stones on some of their recent tour.

Register Sign in to join the conversation