Duane Eddy's House of Twang

The Boot premiers Dale Watson instrumental track Deep Eddy, inspire…

https://theboot.com/dale-wa...

From the Boot: Dale Watson's forthcoming new album, The Memphians, is unlike anything he's done before. The all-instrumental record takes its cues from its title city, Memphis, Tenn., with the Ameripolitan singer-songwriter finding his inspiration in the southern city's culture and history, and in the guitar greats of decades past.

In particular, the song "Deep Eddy" -- premiering exclusively on The Boot -- honors Rock and Roll Hall of Fame guitarist Duane Eddy, a Corning, N.Y., native known for his twangy, Lee Hazlewood-produced records in the 1950s and early '60s. Though Eddy spent his life and career largely in Arizona, Watson explains that the artist's "big-note guitar sound was influential in my guitar playing as much or more than anyone."

Love me some Dale Watson. That's a great track!

I don't listen to much country music but I love this song and going to explore this Dale Watson guy.

Wrote the above sentence, explored, then listened to some live clips from the Wheeling Jamboree in West Virginia. ....Cousin Kenny and Steve Bannon. I got my Gretsches, and God knows there'll be more, but getting me a Telecaster when the one I want is back in stock.

Listened to some Duane for about an hour yesterday which created the inspiration for a full and fun 6-hour session of playing!

I'll probably buy this. I'm a big Dale Watson fan to begin with, and an all-instrumental album would be cool from him...

I do hope it's more than just surf music tho... it's fun in small doses, but I'm not the biggest fan. Hoping for some more R&B flavored tracks, since the album is called the MEMPHIans...

I'll probably buy this. I'm a big Dale Watson fan to begin with, and an all-instrumental album would be cool from him...

I do hope it's more than just surf music tho... it's fun in small doses, but I'm not the biggest fan. Hoping for some more R&B flavored tracks, since the album is called the MEMPHIans...

– ruger9

I listened to the entire album on Spotify last night. It's definitely not all surfy. I think you'll be pleased.

https://open.spotify.com/al...

Very cool! Thank you for posting this! Love Dale Watson!

I just quickly previewed the whole album. While there are 2-3 tunes that I don't really care for much (they just sound too derivative), it's a very cool-sounding album, and I will be buying it today.

Register Sign in to join the conversation