Duane Eddy's House of Twang

So we’re in England!

At rehearsal with a lovely Irish lass.

Imelda is awesome. She just rocks.

Hopefully a good trip over and nice accommodations!

Was wondering when the first pictures might arrive...

I'd love to sit in there and listen.

I pondered a while what her new look reminds me of. Now I got it. Cartoon character 'Emily the strange'. Very nice.

I'd love to sit in there and listen.

I pondered a while what her new look reminds me of. Now I got it. Cartoon character 'Emily the strange'. Very nice.

– sascha

Spot on I wish I could vote this up more.

Are you rehearsing for a live event, or a recording?

This is a charity show for Save The Children. Wish you could hear this, too! Duane is loving having a steel player...Sarah Jory. Check her out, she's fantastic.

Peter Gunn! Paul Corry on sax.

Looking like a whole heap o' fun already Deed!

Do the acoustics in that room, do justice to Duane's unique sound Deed ?

This is a charity show for Save The Children. Wish you could hear this, too! Duane is loving having a steel player...Sarah Jory. Check her out, she's fantastic.

– Deed Eddy

So cool, and what's not to love about a steel player? They make everything sound awesome!

I always wonder who will play sax with Duane. So glad he has Paul Corry with him - the sound is in safe hands ! Just a shame it's such a fleeting visit to our shores.

Sarah Jory is a great pedal steel player and Paul Corry on sax was excellent on tour with Duane in 2012 (May 19, Great Yarmouth Hippodrome).

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Enjoy London, Deed and Duane: wish we were there.

Very Cool!

Yes! Sarah is an amazing steel player. Get her play mandolin for you too if you have the chance.

Les, that's a rehearsal studio. Great sound. No worries. : )

Try not to have too much fun over there, Deed!

And for those GDPers who may not be familiar with Sarah Jory, she is really good. She has a number of videos on YouTube, as I recall. Here is one of them.

Too bad there are no gigs though.

Sarah's "body english" is great, the tune ain't bad either...Ha!

I have a spare room

Les, that's a rehearsal studio. Great sound. No worries. : )

– Deed Eddy

That's great Deed , Duane is the quintessential guitar playing perfectionist ! - We know that time is of the essence , but I hope there will be good media coverage ! - Let the time for you both in England, be satisfying and joyful !

Register Sign in to join the conversation