Miscellaneous Rumbles

Who the hell would eat shrimp that isnt wild caught!

..actually I just wanted to you to watch Waylon Jennings when he was cooler than hell and my favorite song by him.

awesome to teh 5th power. The gear alone. wow.

I only enjoy GMO Shrimp if it grows feathers and looks and smells and tastes just like Chicken!

Enjoyed the Video though! ....and some of the Videos that popped up after it faded away too! Cool Stuff! Thanx!

Waylon makes my Top 2 All-Time favorite list. Ultra cool

At the risk of making yet another inane and bloviated comment, I'd have to say that Waylon was one of the coolest country artists who ever graced our planet...

Wayne Moss and Jerry Reed on guitars. My favorite too, Tavo.

I like shrimp. Probably not as well as Conchieta does, but I like the oysters on half shell too.

My Waylon "fan boy" nature made me do this to one of my Teles too.

was waylon playing a prank on the bass player/backup guy (is that jerry reed? no) at 1:59 by leaving him all by himself ? if so... that's precious. that's an awesome clip

Written by the Pride Of Moultrie, GA, Jimmy Bryant.

Wayne Moss and Jerry Reed on guitars. My favorite too, Tavo.

– Richard Hudson

One of those guys was Jerry Reed? THE Jerry Reed? Neither of them looked like THE Jerry Reed to me.

By the way, Tavo, that brunette on the keyboard is Jessi Colter. He had just gotten married to her a little before that show was taped in 1969.

I should clarify. I was talking about on the recording it was Wayne and Reed.

Jerry Reed playing the low part. Wayne Moss playing that outta sight turnaround. He then taught Waylon how to play it for personal appearances.

Sorry 'bout the confusion.

At the risk of making yet another inane and bloviated comment, I'd have to say that Waylon was one of the coolest country artists who ever graced our planet...

– General_Lee

Ironically, that's neither bloviated nor inane....

I am a 60's child. I love all these flashbacks.

I also am intrigued by the changes in personal appearance "after the sixties" by some of our favorite artists.

Outlaw...!

Down here in the Low Country we have a sayin'...

"Friends don't let friends buy farm-raised shrimp".

I prefer the early season late-spring/summertime Browns...but, the Whites are everyone's favorite through the Fall into the Holidays.

From Bull's Bay down to the Savannah River delta...great shrimp. And flounder. And Red Drum...Redfish for all you Gulf residents.

Ironically, that's neither bloviated nor inane....

– Bonedaddy

Confucius say "he who is gifted with 20/20 hindsight must be doomed to follow..."

I'm not so sure Confucius said that. He did say, however "Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true virtue"

Love that song, love Waylon, love that video. I wonder if Waylon's stoned in that video - missing that guitar break/pickup and giggling, having fun with that vocal with his bassplayer, .. fun video.

One of those guys was Jerry Reed? THE Jerry Reed? Neither of them looked like THE Jerry Reed to me.

By the way, Tavo, that brunette on the keyboard is Jessi Colter. He had just gotten married to her a little before that show was taped in 1969.

– Ric12string

Oh very cool, never heard of her.

Back in the mid-60s there was a night club down in the river bottom in North Tempe owned by a fellow named JD Musil. He named it JD's. Original, huh!

Anyway, there were two floors: one was rock&roll the other was C&W. The house rock band was the Corey Wells Blues Band. After Corey finished his stint at JD's he went back to LA and teamed up with Chuck Negron and Danny Hutton to become Three Dog Night.

The C&W house band? Waylon Jennings and the Waylors.

Not bad for a little Tempe night club. Never could get in there tho', at least not while Corey and Waylon were there.

I'm not so sure Confucius said that. He did say, however "Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true virtue"

– Bonedaddy

Finally, a compliment from the coolest guy on the net. I'm truly honored. Even if my virtue must forever remain in question...

Finally, a compliment from the coolest guy on the net. I'm truly honored. Even if my virtue must forever remain in question...

– General_Lee

I just had to giggle.. that guy wears shorts above his knees and tassled shoes with no sox!! I love him a whole bunch but..

Register Sign in to join the conversation