Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Record store score!

I picked up this record today. Not a scratch on it! Sounds like a dream. 8-)

Duane Eddy - Have "TWANGY" Guitar Will Travel

I found one of these things sticking out the back of some old-timey contraption. Plugs right in. :D

I love that album! Had a mint copy back in the 70's, got it on CD now.

I'm transferring all of my records to mp3's. The scratchier the sound the better I like it!

Fantastic album. The first time I heard Three-30-Blues, my jaw fell open. Enjoy!

The first LP I ever bought. I feel sixteen again every time I play it. The first time I heard Moovin and Groovin. Wow !!!

I wasn't even a gleam in my pappy's eye when this record came out!

Did you get that at antones? I bought the twangs the thang there.

Naw. I haven't been to Antone's in a good while. I found this at vintage clothing store actually. It was a display. I got it for $10.

It's always nice when you can pick up a vintage LP which actually is in mint or near mint condition.

By the way, my avatar is from the original cover. I have no idea when or why Jamie decided to change the cover.

I had the original album cover many years ago, but it wasn't in great condition. I tried to date this copy, but couldn't find much about it on the web and there are no dates on the LP.

I'm transferring all of my records to mp3's. The scratchier the sound the better I like it!

– bombcityrocker

– rivercityrocker

brrrrrrrrggggg!! mp3´s sounds horrible!! :|

getting records into my iphone has proved unsuccessful.

Ha! you mean to have your fav records at hand, ok

Yeah. I can put the record on at home. Not so much when I go for a run. 8-o

You cant beat vinyl.

Have an orig "Have a orig. HTGWT USA in stereo and in very nice condition.

Won it on US ebay a few years ago,cost about $35.00.

Was'nt released here in the UK in stereo(for those who may not have known)

There is a 3rd version of the Jamie cover for HTGWT that looks to be half way between the more familiar sleeves - I've always assumed this is the 2nd in the series but can anyone confirm?

– bombcityrocker

– rivercityrocker

rcr - if you have the storage transfer any good sounding LPs at high res, either 96 or maybe even 192kbps. Better still, use FLAC lossless.

HTGWT - My cover just black and white. Its my favourite Duane record cover,because of the pensive look on his face. - Like, " When will that Greyhound bus finally arrive ? " - Or perhaps , " The rest of the band must be unavoidably delayed !" - Or - " Contrary to popular belief its not all big bucks and the trimmings to match ! "

I had the original album cover many years ago, but it wasn't in great condition. I tried to date this copy, but couldn't find much about it on the web and there are no dates on the LP.

– bombcityrocker

– rivercityrocker

I found a near mint original album cover a number of year ago. It's the mono version, JLP-3000. The LP wasn't in great shape but I framed the cover and it now hangs in my front hallway.

Register Sign in to join the conversation