Duane Eddy's House of Twang

One of my favorite photos, ever.

Very cool Deed. More talent in that pic than most of us could dream of.

Whoops, what happenned? Let's try that again, shall we?

Wow, it's a good thing that chair is there to help Mr Paul hold up that huge guitar! Those Gretschies are just a tad bit bigger than those LPs! ;-)

I love that boyish smile that Les never lost. And the pal on the left is one smart guy, too. ;-)

wow that is a very cool picture...I love both these guys...

Cool how they swapped guitars for that photo! Thanks, Deed, for sharing another picture from your treasure trove of great, historic photos.

great!!

les probably just told one of his "notorious" jokes!!

hah

duane e looks good with that gibby!!!

cheers

Taken in late summer, 2000, at Les's home in Mawah, New Jersey. It was a great afternoon, and a thrill to be shown around his amazing studio that was just crammed to the rafters with magical things. You might imagine yourselves how it would feel to hang out with Les, if this was how you started out...

But, of course, we all know how that worked out, and Duane was able to tell that story quite a few years later when they were all together for a Christmas special on The Nashville Network. After Duane told Les that he had first bought a Les Paul guitar when a young kid playing in country bands, Chet leaned in and said, "That's all great, but tell him what you traded it in for!" (Notice the thumbpicks on Chet and Duane.)

Those are some world class pics! Thank you Deed!

Deed those are just great thank you very much.

Very, very nice. Thank you so much.

Deed- Thank you for sharing these! Incredible photos.. what history!

My guitar hero with his guitar heroes............Brilliant ! Thanks Deed. 8-)

Good thread. Thanks Deed

Great photos! It must have been a thrill to get the home studio tour.

Deed,thank you for the pics and stories.Chet,Duane and Les three greats.

Register Sign in to join the conversation