Duane Eddy's House of Twang

NAMM concert to honour Duane & Cliff Gallup

Jeff & Duane play HARD TIMES.

– Tony

Better sound quality.

Didn't go because I'm still recovering from chemo on Tuesday, but it looks like it was a success. Who played drums??

– Billy Zoom

That's Kevin Stevens, the drummer from Duane's band.

Duane more than anyone else , has given instrumental rock'n'roll music longevity ! - Seeing these pictures and videos is so heartening !

I have to give a shout out to Tele295 who asked whether or not Duane Eddy would be at Namm 2017, because that's what came up when I was googling my favorite artists to see if any would be popping in to Anaheim. I was really hoping to see him in the booth and maybe get a handshake and a photo. I ended up winning the tickets from the drawing. There were lots of 'Holy S&%t' comments for a few hours. My husband (who is the Gretsch player in the family) and I were beyond thrilled. You can see from the reviews, videos and pics above that it was amazing..can't stop saying that..just truly amazing.
Added bonus for me was half of Social Distortion playing rhythm ( Brent Harding on bass and David Hidalgo, Jr. on drums) for Jeff Beck, didn't expect to see familiar faces on stage.
I don't have a whole lot else to add, but had to register to thank the discussion board for leading me to the drawing.

Adding a shot from our side of the stage...hopefully I did this right!

Thanks for the stories & videos - wow!

So cool Duane had Cynthia Malouf play.

It's now been over a week since our show and my feet still haven't touched the ground. Thank you, DUANE EDDY for your presence and performance. You made our global Gretsch community proud! - Joe C

It's now been over a week since our show and my feet still haven't touched the ground. Thank you, DUANE EDDY for your presence and performance. You made our global Gretsch community proud! - Joe C

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Indeed.

Honestly, it was a great, great night. I wish all of you had been able to be there. It was completely packed, to the point that I never did see GDP pals that I should have spoken to (so sorry)...and everyone was having a total blast from my vantage point at the side of the stage.

And, there was no one there having a better time than the man who planned this Gretsch event and worked tirelessly to make it an epic night. So, thank you, Joe Carducci. All your efforts surely paid off in spades, and the finale really was the coolest.

And, of course, thank you Dinah and Fred Gretsch. Your presentation to Duane was very moving, and having grandson Logan there on stage was a special touch.

Thanks for sharing Deed , one could never tire of hearing and seeing pictures of such a spectacular , epoch making event ! - For its not just about past glories , but what the future holds for Duane and his exciting , fantastic music .

Register Sign in to join the conversation