Duane Eddy's House of Twang

I Had My Heart Set on You

Duane recorded this with Emmylou Harris in 1986. Oddly enough, it's available on CD only on the five-album box set, "Emmylou Harris: Original Album Series Vol. 2." The good news is that you can get the box set for less than $20.

I remember this track so well and its great , I bet Duane gets on really well with Emmylou and lets face it the lady has the ' wow ' factor ! - Now if my memory serves me correctly , Emmylou had an album out called " Cimarron " and Duane sat in listening to the tracks !

Actually, the track was recorded in early November, 1985. We had just moved house from Lake Tahoe to Nashville...the morning after we arrived Duane was in the studio with Emmylou.

Thanks for posting this, Rich. It always brings back great memories. And yes, Les...We went to a listening party for Emmylou's album Cimmaron, held at Brian Ahern's studio in North Hollywood. Great Mexican food, lots of good friends, and wonderful music.

Actually, the track was recorded in early November, 1985. We had just moved house from Lake Tahoe to Nashville...the morning after we arrived Duane was in the studio with Emmylou.

Thanks for posting this, Rich. It always brings back great memories. And yes, Les...We went to a listening party for Emmylou's album Cimmaron, held at Brian Ahern's studio in North Hollywood. Great Mexican food, lots of good friends, and wonderful music.

– Deed Eddy

Thanks for clarifying the date, Deed. If I recall correctly, Emmylou had already recorded the basic track, and Duane's contribution really makes the song memorable.

Incidentally, Cimmaron is one of the five albums in the box set. The others are Roses in the Snow, Evangeline, White Shoes, and of course Thirteen. It's a legit release by Rhino.

It's also available on Emmylou Harris-Anthology-The Warner/Reprise Years. A double CD currently £8.74 on Amazon UK Hard to believe it's now over 30 years old. I still think of it as one of my more recent acquisitions.

Hard to believe it's now over 30 years old...you're tellin' me! Time needs to just slow the heck down.

It's also available on Emmylou Harris-Anthology-The Warner/Reprise Years. A double CD currently £8.74 on Amazon UK Hard to believe it's now over 30 years old. I still think of it as one of my more recent acquisitions.

– Phil Evans

Thanks - I missed that one. Apparently it's now out of print in the U.S. but Amazon here in the states has it reasonably priced as an import.

Register Sign in to join the conversation