Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1960 GRETSCH 6137 WHITE FALCON “STEREO

Apparently, very satisfying to blabber to one's self!

Blimey, how huge is that truss rod cover! Must be the reason for that huge price tag.

Don't hesitate on this one. It's priced to sell!

I knew I should've painted my country club white!

Don't hesitate on this one. It's priced to sell!

– Afire

I'll think I'll take the 1960 Gibson Explorer for 850K

Leaving the ,I'm not selling price out,that's a cool geet ,same as Mike Campbell's.

It isn't the bonife first Falcon produced, or even a very early one for that matter, nor is there proof it was owned, played and recorded by someone like Harrison. What it is, is a joke. There should only be 4 zeros to the left of the decimal point. Choose what numeral you'd put to the left of those. This clown makes Bevette's listings look like a fire sale! I know there's billions of people in the world but is there really one person that stupid to believe that would be an investment??

Besides, it doesn't even have a standby switch so how valuable can it be?

Will they ship it for free? And they even ripped off the Monkees logo for their "Guitarbroker" logo.

At that price, isn't this as just a variant of the "look how cool I am because of what I've got and you can't have it" mentality?

I'm pretty sure that he's got no intentions of selling it at all.. it's just a "look at me" moment. Everybody lookin' for their 15 seconds of notoriety.

Trolling for that buyer with the perfect combination of unlimited $$$ and an IQ of less than 60.

Sadly, such an ad screams "personal self-esteem issues" way more than it screams "pure greed".

Craig Brody didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I'm sure he has about as good an idea as anybody what this could realistically bring. I suspect the price is more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

What am I missing, guys?

It's in the 'Personal Collection' category and as far as I see it every single item in there is labelled $1,000,000.00. Even the Danelectro bass and a Princeton Reverb. That's more than obviously not a price tag.

I see no reason to make any noise. I'm happy to see such a guitar and I don't care if it's for sale or not. I know several dealers who put their personal stuff up on their websites.

It isn't the bonife first Falcon produced, or even a very early one for that matter, nor is there proof it was owned, played and recorded by someone like Harrison. What it is, is a joke. There should only be 4 zeros to the left of the decimal point. Choose what numeral you'd put to the left of those. This clown makes Bevette's listings look like a fire sale! I know there's billions of people in the world but is there really one person that stupid to believe that would be an investment??

Besides, it doesn't even have a standby switch so how valuable can it be?

– Windsordave

Craig is hardly a clown. Lighten up Francis.

Craig is hardly a clown. Lighten up Francis.

– Jonathan A. Sipes......maker of aluminum dust.

You are obviously familiar with him, I am not. I took it at face value. Thanks for the clarification. Seriously.

Seems like the software just insists that a price be entered and that all of his personal collection guitars are set at 1 million.

No Bigsby. Who cares?

You are obviously familiar with him, I am not. I took it at face value. Thanks for the clarification. Seriously.

– Tartan Phantom

I'm in the same boat.....don't know this guy from Adam. The ad shown is for one guitar and it doesn't say anything about his collection being valued at a million per item which in that case is a tip off he's joking. If someone doesn't make an effort to make it clear they're being tongue and cheek, they risk being called some uncomplimentary names.

Well, it's not the last single-cut as we found that odd bird from around '65.

Ah...the very model that I saw Jimmie Webster play at a Gretsch guitar clinic around that time.

Magical stereo sounds through two amps. Perfect for his finger tapping style.

Register Sign in to join the conversation