Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Duane Eddy Day!

Very cool and good for Corning! That clip looked like it was the early-mid '70's? Does he get a plaque or a sign on his birthplace?

Ahem....they do know that Duane is very much alive and twangin', right? What's with the "Duane Eddy was an American guitarist..." ?

"..was.."?

Quality reporting at it's best.

At least is says "is" on the proclamation. Why June 7th? Maybe they missed April 26....

Well earned recognition from the Mayor of the City of Corning ! - A wonderful thing for one of Corning's famous sons !

Very cool and good for Corning! That clip looked like it was the early-mid '70's? Does he get a plaque or a sign on his birthplace?

– lx

The clip looks like it is from the benefit concert for Dorsey Burnette's wife which was held at the Forum in Los Angeles. I don't recall the exact date but I believe it was 1980 or 1981.

Now that's cool!

lx - the backstory to this is that Frank got in touch with the Circle in May and within a week of me replying to Frank, the mayor had sprung into action!! I don't think it really matters what day was chosen; what matters is the recognition of Duane and the creation of "Duane Eddy Day".

I think the concert was in 1980 - here's a little information on it: After his death, singer and friend, Delaney Bramlett organized a benefit concert for Dorsey’s widow at The Forum in Inglewood, California, in which Kris Kristofferson, Hoyt Axton, Tanya Tucker, Glen Campbell, Edward James Olmos, Duane Eddy, Delaney and Bonnie, Gary Busey, Maureen McGovern and Roger Miller appeared

The concert was filmed and released on video in the US with the title "A Celebration" but I don't think it has ever been re-issued as a DVD.

Register Sign in to join the conversation