Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Duane Album At Salvation Army

Look what was at the Sally Army today. Original vinyl.

I wanted it since I still listen to vinyl but one side was scratched so badly

Cool find. That's a shame about it being scratched up.

Old vinyl. It happens. Probably why it was at SA to begin with.

I always associate the Salvation Army with very practical , Christianity in terms of empathy with poor people whoever they are ! - It would be so interesting to know more about Duane's scratched record ! - Would it be someone who appreciates the excellent work that they do , a supporter ? - Or perhaps someone from the very poor side of town , taken under the wing of the Salvation Army ? - Metaphorically speaking , " Duane our guitar hero , really is everywhere ! " - The best record cover / picture ever of the peoples instrumentalist !

If the cover was in good shape and cheap enough, I woulda got it. Old covers are the best.

SCORE!

– Suprdave

I may buy it even tho it's scratched. I'll ask if they will give me a discount since one side is messed up. At least one side is listenable.

Les, in the States, The Salvation Army Stores are large charity shops, full of wonders that range from used vinyl to kitchen appliances to clothing for all. The bargains to be had are always a great surprise.

$4.99 for an original cover of a classic R 'n R album? Bargain, I’d say.

Yes it is a Christian organization. Deed is correct they have some great items there. By the way they run rehab centers and employ many recovering drug and alcohol addicted.

Here is something I saw and want but more than I should spend now. $200. If it's $200 there it's worth a lot more elsewhere. It's a shadow box with a Japanese traditional woman in it.

Watch Guys and Dolls. Great movie staring Brando. Salvation Army is a focal point of the storyline.

George Bernard Shaw's play "Major Barbara" also features the Salvation Army prominently. It was made into a pretty good film starring Rex Harrison, Wendy Hiller and Robert Morley. Worth seeing!

Les, in the States, The Salvation Army Stores are large charity shops, full of wonders that range from used vinyl to kitchen appliances to clothing for all. The bargains to be had are always a great surprise.

$4.99 for an original cover of a classic R 'n R album? Bargain, I’d say.

– Deed Eddy

Deed , thanks for that elucidation . Just down the road from Warwick in Leamington Spa , the Salvation Army have a charity shop . They also have a church in the town and of course a band , the members look so smart in their uniforms ! - There will soon be the local Salvation Army carol service . Many years ago I remember S. Army members going from pub to pub selling their newspaper ! - When I get the chance , because I am sure that I have a duplicate of one of Duane's LPs . I will give it to our local shop , for their fund raising and to keep up the good work across the pond !

The photo was taken at Dobbins Point in South Mountain Park in Phoenix I believe. The covers for "The Twangs The Thang" were taken there too. I've written "covers" because Jamie in the US and Decca in the UK used different photos for the cover - the UK cover shows a pensive-looking Duane and I think I prefer it to the Jamie cover.

Register Sign in to join the conversation