Duane Eddy's House of Twang

” Danny Boy ” Youtube problem !

Today is my eldest grandson's 31st birthday , his name is Daniel , to many he is Danny ! - I particularly wanted to send a greeting to him on facebook , in the form of Duane's rendition of " Danny Boy " from the ' Lonely Guitar ' album . - Now to all intents and purposes the track is on YouTube . Send it and try to open it and you get " Not available " - OK I sent " Londonderry Air " basically the same tune , but if only some levers could be pulled . - So the beautiful " Danny Boy " can be savoured on facebook ect , added to the many Eddy YouTube tracks !!

Happy Birthday, Danny!

I understand that this will not play in the UK...go figure that, but here it is, and yes, I’m might have just a little something in my eyes.

This might work even if it is mono and the album cover is wrong.

Yes, it works beautifully - but it's the Jamie single version, not the RCA album! But I always preferred the Jamie version anyway - though the album cut's different enough to be interesting. In fact I rate "The Avenger"/"Londonderry Air" as one of Duane's best-ever two-siders - criminal that it wasn't a hit.

Happy Birthday, Danny!

I understand that this will not play in the UK...go figure that, but here it is, and yes, I’m might have just a little something in my eyes.

– Deed Eddy

Thanks Deed , Danny will be so pleased to have had your birthday wishes . Perhaps one day the track will be available in the UK via YouTube !

An Irish friend and his equally Irish wife played Duane's "Lonely Guitar" version at their wedding.

Here's an "unusual" variant of the Jamie 45!

Register Sign in to join the conversation