Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Dan, Duane, 12 of their closest friends, and 2 Gretsches

That was great, Deed! What a great performance of a good song--thanks for posting. The album is on my "to buy" list.

nice intro!!

that 6 string bass!

cheers

Dan Auerbach and friends are on CBS Saturday Morning Show right now. It might be available later on PPV of some sort.

Sadly, no Duane, tho.

Great album [ including the tracks Duane is not on ! ] There is no doubt that when that guitar comes in you know it's Duane Eddy. Very impressed and had to smile when I checked to see who plays flute on 'Undertow' to find it's our old friend Dennis Solee. He also plays sax on 'Stand By My Girl' and 'Malibu Man'. This album is getting played a lot in our house and car ! Well done Dan and Duane.

Very cool! Love how Dan is making a statement how relevant these artists still are.

Great album [ including the tracks Duane is not on ! ] There is no doubt that when that guitar comes in you know it's Duane Eddy. Very impressed and had to smile when I checked to see who plays flute on 'Undertow' to find it's our old friend Dennis Solee. He also plays sax on 'Stand By My Girl' and 'Malibu Man'. This album is getting played a lot in our house and car ! Well done Dan and Duane.

– JACK

How I remember Dennis Solee when Duane was playing at Birmingham Town Hall ,some years ago. The two great musicians had a nice little verbal exchange on stage . Duane said something like , " We are not nerds Dennis are we , we are cool ? ! " - Dennis agreed , he really endeared his self to us . I would love to have met him !!

Long live the King!

Great interview with Duane on RadioScotland last night i found it twiddlin, the dial.

Register Sign in to join the conversation