Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Chrimble Muddley

Broadcast on 21st Dec 1963:-

Here's the background to the track:-

Duane's 1963 tour with the Beatles never took place . Perhaps with the Saturday Club feature we can be thankful for small mercies ! - " Shazam " had to be returned to its rightful owner !

Thanks for posting that -- hadn't heard that since high school when I had an album of all the Beatles X-Mas "specials."

It’s always been great fun to play this for friends at Christmastime.

Duane's 1963 tour with the Beatles never took place . Perhaps with the Saturday Club feature we can be thankful for small mercies ! - " Shazam " had to be returned to its rightful owner !

– lesdk

If I remember correctly Duane could not do that 'Beatles Tour' but suggested his good friend Roy Orbison instead. Roy did the tour and tore the place apart every night with his new release 'Running Scared'. He was having so many curtain calls after his section of the show John Lennon jokingly grabbed him to stop him going back on stage !

With regards to that tour , I thought Duane's absence was down to a managerial cock - up ! - But I just wanted to say , " How we miss Brian Matthew on UK radio ! " I will always remember Brian interviewing Duane on Saturday Club 1960 . His question was about the record sound being replicated on stage ? - Duane's reply was a very concise , no problem , or something like that !

Register Sign in to join the conversation