Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Buddy Holly

Hi folks, I was watching a documentary about Buddy on BBC4, and who should pop up, you guessed it. Duane, nice surprise and interesting comments. Still available on BBC I player.

All the best

David

Hi folks, I was watching a documentary about Buddy on BBC4, and who should pop up, you guessed it. Duane, nice surprise and interesting comments. Still available on BBC I player.

All the best

David

– David Dugmore

"BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. "

You can see "The Real Buddy Holly Story" on YouTube. Paul McCartney produced this after being outraged at the horribly inaccurate Garry Busey film, "The Buddy Holly Story". Also, Paul owns the music.

Paul's company MPL controls the Buddy Holly publishing/song catalog outside of the US. Buddy's wife, Maria Elena, recently consigned her interest in the rights to all things Buddy to BMG. It's quite something.

US music publishing rights in virtually every song written by Buddy Holly including the classics ‘Everyday’, ‘Peggy Sue’, ‘That’ll Be The Day’, ‘Words Of Love’, and ‘Not Fade Away’; Royalties due throughout the world on sales of Buddy Holly recordings as well as his writer’s share of publishing royalties; All of the rights in Buddy Holly’s name, image and likeness.

Just to amaze yourself, have a google at MPL, just to read the long, long list of song titles controlled by this company. Blue Suede Shoes, Matchbox...yep, they're there.

For those lucky enough to be in the UK this is available for another 27 days on iPlayer. Proxy servers elsewhere might work (VPN).

Duane appears just after 23.00, 28.00, 31.00 and 43.00.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplaye...

Speaking of Buddy Holly, I just learned that Albert Lee and Peter Asher will be appearing a few miles from my house next month and they are expected to do some of Buddy's songs.

The progamme is being repeated tomorrow night (18th June) on BBC 4 at 11.00pm.

Register Sign in to join the conversation