Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Buddy Holly Birthday Celebration

How cool to see that Duane will be presented with a 'Buddy Holly Guitar 'by Maria Elena Holly at the ceremony in Lubbock.

On our way to Lubbock, beautiful day out on US 40. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Looking forward to your pictures Deed.

It sounds like a real nice gesture for Duane.

I always think of Duane and Buddy as being members of the original , authentic , pioneering rock brigade. - Like with Jerry Lee Lewis . I saw Buddy's widow , Maria Elena Holly on UK TV recently , she came across as the most lovely lady . Wish we could all give her a big hug , for Buddy has given us so much pleasure with his unique brand of music , decade after decade ! - How wonderful that Duane is to be the recipient of such a special deeply meaningful guitar . A historic , auspicious occasion , that will have a lasting place in the annals of rock'n'roll ! - I will be like a cat on a hot tin roof , till I see Deed's photos !!

From Duane's Instagram Page. "Happy Day Before Your Birthday, Buddy Holly."

The Bluejays‏ @TheBluejaysUK

We had an amazing time at the Buddy Holly birthday celebrations! It's not every day you get to talk about gretsch guitars with Duane Eddy.

Kimmie Rhodes

Loved pickin' w/ DuaneEddy and thx 4 the swell matching guitars! on buddyholly birthday @TheBuddyHollyCenter @LubbockTexas

w/ Oliver Seymour-Marsh‏

The Buddy Holly Educational Foundation

w/ Maria Elena Holly

Great pictures , is there some more to come from Deed ?

Register Sign in to join the conversation