Duane Eddy's House of Twang

Celebrating Events Of The Last 60 Years!

First review for Moovin' N' Groovin'. Cash Box February 01, 1958.

" Moovin ' N ' Groovin " had us doing just that on its release ! - That opening guitar riff , trying to sound like Duane . It was such a teaser , then having to have your fingers extricated from the neck of the guitar ! - How I remember listening to the masterpiece on my Dansette Major autochange record player . In our front room on a Saturday afternoon , with my cousin Barry who introduced me to Duane's music . Some months previously . A new Eddy release could get in the way of a Warwick Town football match ! - Priorities you know , a ' twangy ' Shangri - La , our front room and the acoustics weren't too bad . Plus two sanguine aficionados !

February 24, 1987: Duane & The Art of Noise receive a Grammy Award for ("Peter Gunn") Best Rock Instrumental Performance (Orchestra, Group or Soloist).

I liked the way Duane would put both the original and Art of Noise versions of " Peter Gunn " together in concert ! - Having firstly invited us to see if we could distinguish between them , without a programme !

March 3, 1958: Billboard Magazine ad for Duane's first single.

Register Sign in to join the conversation