Drums

DRUM PEDAL GRETSCH

Hello has all I try to find all the drum pedals of gretsch if that interests you and if you have information or photos has to share thank you.

Fred.

LINK: http://gretsch.forumactif.c...

It's amazing how many look almost exactly like UK Premier bass drum pedal designs.

It's amazing how many look almost exactly like UK Premier bass drum pedal designs.

– richard brown

– ritchie

YES I like learning the chronology of things 8-)

I don't know much about the history at all. Thanks for an interesting (to me) post.

Were the Premier bass drum pedal designs all copied from Gretsch, or vice-versa?

Do the hi-hat designs follow the same patterns? (ie. show up in Premier designs?)

and it seems as if Ludwig kept their pedal designs fairly simple all the time and didn't change so much?

For gretsch " floating action " it is at first martin then camco and after camco made for gretsch. 8-o

I got this hi hat stand with my round badge set. It looks to be older than the set (which is 1959-60). It looks similar to that one Speed EE pedal in your posting. Any idea who made it?

Effectively I had never seen him and she looks like very. :| thank you.

The Gretsch Sock Cymbal 1920.

What Is The Sock Cymbal?
The Sock Cymbal, like this 1920 Gretsch version, was the precursor to the modern hi hat.
It was also operated with the foot, and eventually became associated with the left foot,
pretty much exclusively.

Now, by the 1920’s and the entrance of the big band era,
along with 4 way coordination on drums, drummers started taking it to the moon!

Over the course of the next few decades,
drum coordination became more and more complicated
as drummers fought to add more and more dexterity to their playing.
The age of Jazz was in full swing (no pun intended) and drummers were,
for the first time, being looked at as a serious soloists instead of just timekeepers.

It was a great time for drumming, chock full of new coordination innovations.
Drummers like Chick Webb, Papa Jo Jones, Sid Catlett, Zutty Singleton... to name a few,
began tearing it up through out the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s.
Standing on their shoulders was the next generations that took it even further.
Drummers like Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Philly Joe Jones,
Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Billy Higgins and Art Taylor were doing things with
drum coordination in the 50’s and 60’s that are still considered benchmarks today.

https://thedrummersalmanac....

Register Sign in to join the conversation