Drums

Gretsch Logo Advice

I just bought the Gretsch Renown 57 kit and I want to keep the original front head nice so I took it off and replaced it with a blank head. I want to put some kind of Gretsch logo on the front and I have been debating whether to mod my drum head a little bit with the logo.

Here are my choices:

1. G-Brand - I have never seen this applied to Gretsch drums before.

2. Gretsch guitar logo italics version.

3. Gretsch guitar logo no italics.

4. Standard Gretsch drum logo.

Cast your vote! Thanks.

Yeaa the standard Gretsch Logo is pretty awesome

I've always been a fan of the standard drum logo. I've even thought of getting a pickguard done with the text minus the drum. I'd go for that. The G brand might be cool too, those in the know would still get it.

Deke Martin wrote:

Traditional all the way...

I agree with this also. It is a great looking logo and I'm a sucker for tradtion.

The standard Gretsch drum logo has a COWBELL on it! And you KNOW what Christopher Walken would say about that!

I'm a drummer and I vote for the G brand. There are enough bass drums out there with the Standard Gretsch drum logo.

Either #4 or #1. I'm leaning toward the G-Brand because it's unique.

I love the standard drum logo. It's just so cool!

The vintage Gretsch Drum logo is badass IMO. I would stick with that, or do a custom "shield" (Gene Krupa style) logo with your initials.

I dig the standard Gretsch logo. I like Bobbyrivera's idea too! Maybe both??

Thanks for the replies. Today after reading your responses I'm leaning towards the standard iconic Gretsch logo on top and maybe a G brand on the bottom or in the middle.

I also think the shield idea is a classy, cool approach to customizing the drum head. It is also something I previously never thought about for me because I never had a kit with this much class before. With these drums it would look great.

Although I love the original drum logo, Ripley1046 planted the idea of using the drum text without the drum. It appears on the drums in chrome that way instead of a badge. Hmmm...

Any more suggestions?

Dude - Script logo would look so hot on a drum kit.

Or the old drum logo that they stuck on duo jets for a minute...

What's the script logo look like? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Edit: Because this kit already looks like a 57 Chevy the script logo may be perfect.

Spike wrote:

Dude - Script logo would look so hot on a drum kit.

Or the old drum logo that they stuck on duo jets for a minute...

I change my vote. I like Spike's logo.

bobhoward wrote:

I'm a drummer and I vote for the G brand. There are enough bass drums out there with the Standard Gretsch drum logo.

Second that.

That's now 2 drummers for the G brand. That's surprising in a good way!

Edit: Oh wait. One drummer changed his vote.

Perhaps you could marry the G brand and traditional logo into one? Just the big "G" with the drumset thing without the rest of the "retsch."

Just an idea

Register Sign in to join the conversation