Drums

Basic E-Drums

Hello, maybe this is not the right place for this question. I'm looking for a basic e-drums kit including a snare, bass drum and a hi-hat to record some basic rithm section for my songs. I think I don't need more and I don't have much space in my flat ¿Any advice? Thank you all!

I'm looking for someting similar. Should get something for the school's music class. Acoustic drums are so loud when kids bang them :) This seems to be the cheapest Roland set http://www.roland.com/products/en/HD-1/

Well, I think I don't need that much. But it looks great!

Do NOT go with the solid rubber pads. Do yourself a favor and save up the money needed for the flexible heads that are closer to real heads. Your wrists will thank you in the long-term.

My sister's 60 y.o. boyfriend is a trained drummer and has been a part-time musician all his life. His acoustic set sits in the closet, he gigs with a Roland E drum set of some kind but every Sunday night they have a jam at a local restaurant. For the most part he plays with one of those small Roland percussion pads and it sounds great. He records with it too. It seems to me your requirements are not so stringent to require one of these E Drum sets.

I wish I could advise you. I've heard that some of the e drums can sound fantastic but I haven't had much luck with them myself.

I'm no expert either but I do know the pads can be programed to produce different drum types and symbols.

I've heard either go Simmons or Roland or don't do it at all. That's all I've got.

Weren't there some cheap Alesis made kits designed for one of those X-Box Rock games that could be easily modified?

I have been thinking about this for a long time. The closest I've come to buying was a plan to purchase one piece at a time. Get a really good 2 or 3 section snare setup first and one of those cheap, backwards firing bass pedal triggers. Go expensive on the highhats, ride.

Then I thought about finding an old octopad, but they are still prized.

Is there a brushes trigger?

Microsoft air drums. This is close to what I want, put some sticks in my hand and a surface to tap on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBsMJLbVgY

There were some sticks that worked like this too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation