Dan Duffy's Corner

Passed away

I'm sad to say to all you readers my father Dan Duffy passed away yesterday from a massive heart attack me and my brother just would like to say he really enjoyed answering all your questions about gretsch guitars and music related questions we are deeply sadden and lost one hell of a great father and friend. Thanks again to all of you. Joe & Brian duffy and family

So sorry for your loss Joe. The GDP has lost a fine gentleman and a great asset. Condolences to you and your brother...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, which is now also our loss. I am a big fan of your father's book and the knowledge and experiences he shared working for Gretsch and all of his other memories. Take care and know that he is very much missed.

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Joe. Like many others here I read Dan's book and loved his posts on the forum. Another piece of irreplaceable Gretsch history has been lost with his passing.

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing Joe. He touched many of us in the Gretsch guitar community with his first hand knowledge and stories. Your father was one of the few direct connections to an era that has also come to pass. My deepest condolences to you, your family and close friends.

My condolences to you and your family.

Sad to hear this news. Condolences to you and your family Joe.

Such sad news.. Condolences to you and your family, Joe, and thank you for letting us know..

I'm sorry to hear that. Like many I was a fan of his book. My dealings with him were always very positive and he contributed greatly to the Gretsch pages with his firsthand knowledge of the Golden age. My condolences to the family. RIP

So very to hear, Joe. Always enjoyed reading from someone whose life went back to the age of these guitars and could tell stories from a first hand perspective.

I am very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Very sad to hear your father passed away. My condolences to you and the family.

Very sorry to hear this sad news.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

R.I.P., Dan.

So sorry to hear.

We sure enjoyed the time we had with him.

So sorry to hear.

We sure enjoyed the time we had with him.

Very sorry to hear Joe. Condolences to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear. Please feel welcome here in the future. We would enjoy listening to stories he shared with you. Keeping in touch with us would be a great way to honor his memory

my sincere condolences to you and your family, Joe. thank you for passing on the news of your father's passing. as you can see and will see, his presence here was greatly appreciated. he was a wealth of Gretsch knowledge. again, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

My Sympathies and Condolences to you & your family, Joe.

Very sorry to hear. Please feel welcome here in the future. We would enjoy listening to stories he shared with you. Keeping in touch with us would be a great way to honor his memory

– RichB555

Condolences. I agree with RichB555's invitation and hope your family considers it. Your father was much appreciated and respected here.

Register Sign in to join the conversation