Gretsch Garage Sale

1955 Streamliner for Trade

I got a beautiful 1955 Streamliner (bamboo yellow w/ copper mist) and it is in great shape. It has new frets; everything else is original. I just can't get used to the 25 1/2" scale and I'd like a slimmer neck. If someone has a later Streamliner with the 24 3/4" (or is it 241/2")scale and a slimmer neck who would prefer the longer scale, please PM me and we'll talk. I might also be interested in the right single Annie. BTW, this is the guitar in Ed's book on the 6120.

I should mention that it is also for sale. I have about $2100 into it and would like to recover close to that.

Did Curt do work on that?

If so, I've seen it up close, and it's amazing.

FYI... That's an authentic 1950s ironing board the guitar is leaning against. Got it from my grandma!

FYI... That's an authentic 1950s ironing board the guitar is leaning against. Got it from my grandma!

– kc_eddie_b

Sorry Ed, I didn't know it was your photo. If had known I would have asked permission to post it. An original 1950s ironing board is serious business too; no child's toy to be sure.

Sorry Ed, I didn't know it was your photo. If had known I would have asked permission to post it. An original 1950s ironing board is serious business too; no child's toy to be sure.

– Journeyman

No worries on the pix! But yea... the ironing board is built like a tank, which is why I often use it as my guitar bench. If the only thing that survives the nuclear winter will be Cher and some cock-roaches... she'll be doing her ironing on that board!

Did Curt do work on that?

If so, I've seen it up close, and it's amazing.

– crowbone

Don't know if Curt worked on it or not; I doubt it as the guitar had very little, if anything done to it when I bought it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation