Billy Zoom's Jet Set

The Have Nots: solo tab?

I don't know how to read a tab.

I don't know how to read a tab.

– Billy Zoom

If you cannot read it and I'm completely unsure I've even written it correctly I might should try something else. If I can figure out how to record an audio file or maybe even a video and I post it here... would you be willing to tell me how close I am?

Agreed. Billy was light years ahead of the other punk bands of the time. I think punk cane along just in time and was a perfect launching platform for Billy’s music. I don’t mean to insult John Doe but he lucked out connecting with Billy. He’s talented in his own right but Billy’s amazing playing brought success to John Doe.

Make is public record (no pun intended) but my fave X album is “Under The Big Black Sun”. Fave track “Dancing With Tears In My Eyes”. Simply amazing.

– ThePolecats

Agreed, UTBBS is my favorite, hands down; its the one that solidified X as my favorite band. I like them all but that one is special; the production, songs, musicianship, variety, its a perfect album in my opinion!

Dancing With Tears In My Eyes was the '58 Strat.

I tried posting the tab for my attempt at the solo directly to this site but the lines came out all wonky and I'm just too tired to fix it. So, here's a link to a site that I hope works. Can someone please try to play along to the tab and let me know if you think it's accurate? I'm sure there are mistakes to fix and little things I missed.

http://ghubbard.com/wp-cont...

– cheesy_rice

I’ve been away from the GDP (and my guitars) for too long due to a crazy work schedule. Just logged in tonight to catch up and saw how this thread has progressed. Thank you guys and especially BZ for a great song and cheesy rice for the tab and link.

Looking forward to studying this one closely over the next few days/weeks to have some fun learning it.

Never listened to Dancing With Tears... before. What a great record.

I’ve been away from the GDP (and my guitars) for too long due to a crazy work schedule. Just logged in tonight to catch up and saw how this thread has progressed. Thank you guys and especially BZ for a great song and cheesy rice for the tab and link.

Looking forward to studying this one closely over the next few days/weeks to have some fun learning it.

– Tim Price DBA Precio265

Tim - Please let me know what you think of the tab. I would never claim anything I write out to be note-for-note but I think this tab here is mostly accurate. The best part is that it's a really fun solo to play.

Tim - Please let me know what you think of the tab. I would never claim anything I write out to be note-for-note but I think this tab here is mostly accurate. The best part is that it's a really fun solo to play.

– cheesy_rice

Will do, Cheesy. It might take me a while to spend enough time in the woodshed with it but I will definitely report back. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Funny, as I watched that video of Billy’s fret hand working its magic, I thought the same thing about it looking fun to play. Now if only I were half that smooth.

Register Sign in to join the conversation