Billy Zoom's Jet Set

The Have Nots: solo tab?

The recent "Favorite BZ riff" thread got me searching for this, but I can't find one anywhere. It's one of my all-time favorite X tunes and BZ solos. Can anyone help?

I don't know what tab is, but I know how to play the song. I've seen some of our stuff online, and nobody even gets the chords close.

Billy, what is it that people are getting wrong? Just throwing power chords on every song or something?

I don't know what tab is, but I know how to play the song. I've seen some of our stuff online, and nobody even gets the chords close.

– Billy Zoom

I better just keep watching you play it live and eventually through osmosis maybe I'll get close. Apparently 20 or so times hasn't been enough.

Tab is for those of us who don't have enough ear or feel to pick it up naturally.

They'll put out a music book with tabs when X gets into the RnR Hall of Fame; the marketing idiots won't bother until then unfortunately. While Billy could write out the correct solos and chords, I don't think there exists musical notation that accurately describes what exactly it is that John and Exene do.

They miss all the the aug, minor7th,13th, and other non-major/minor chords. X songs are very complex and the unusual voicings are everything.

They miss all the the aug, minor7th,13th, and other non-major/minor chords. X songs are very complex and the unusual voicings are everything.

This vid gives a great look at BZ's left hand on the solo. Hint: watch in Google Chrome and you can play the vid at 50% speed.

Close enough for government work, I reckon. Big thanks to BZ, jp and whoever shot it!

I don't remember who shot it...just that the camera was uncomfortably close.

And you're playing through the Zoom amp w the 4x 10 cabinet? The tone is so impeccable

I'm still gonna roll out a 4x10 custom half stack. Somehow. I'll have to wait next year, my wife loves my new duojet. But I did push it getting it. :D

That's a great song with great guitar riffs. Why is John threatening someone with a Billy Zoom ass kicking at the beginning of the clip?

That's a great song with great guitar riffs. Why is John threatening someone with a Billy Zoom ass kicking at the beginning of the clip?

– Gregory_Pecarry

Because Billy Zoom kicks ass.

Register Sign in to join the conversation