Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Setzer podcast interview talking billy zoom

For those who have Amazon prime music Theres a podcast Interview with brian setzer. Was a good listen In the end he was talking about that clip with billy zoom

podcast https://music.amazon.de/pod...

Clip he was referring to

Any body know how to find out what he said about me, without having to learn German or joining anything?

Any body know how to find out what he said about me, without having to learn German or joining anything?

– Billy Zoom

from my basic interpretation he said that Billy secretly loves Filtertrons and thinks dynas sound like cardboard. Pretty sure.

Its on YouTube too Minute 42… The interviewer basically asks why Billy Zoom wasnt that enthusiastic in that video clip

Well that makes sense. I always assumed the clip was from a longer interview, which I've never seen in it's entirety. It makes sense that Billy and Brian had just met and Billy either wasn't familiar with playing that particular song or not really into at the moment. It always seemed like an odd lineup for an interview anyway and for reference, we do have the real deal here with Billy. I guess if he wants to share his opinion on what it was like at the moment, he will. Didn't Billy end up working on Brians amps over time, or am I wrong about that?

I didn't realize Chris Shiflett had a podcast but I don't do podcasts much at all.

For the record: I'd met Brian several times before that, I already knew James, and I'd known Art for many years. I did the show because I owed Art a couple of favors, but I'm just not a show-off like James & Brian, and I hate jamming. I did all of Brian's amp work for about 18 years, but I still don't know him that well...he's kind of weird.

Register Sign in to join the conversation