Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Photos?

Why can't we post them here anymore?

Yes Billy. Hope Baxter fixes it soon.

It's been messed up for 3 weeks now. Also PM is mostly toast.

BZ, the server is full up. Bax needs to go in and clear out some space. He knows it is an issue, but he has other higher priority matters which are pressing him severely. He has indicated that he will get to it. But, you shouldn't hold your breath as it may be a little while still.

To me the biggest effect of the issue is that owners obviously can no longer add their guitars to the database properly. So no recently added guitars. I watched that section regularly.

how did you get that cat meme up if you cant upload photos?

You can still link to photos posted on hosting sites like Photobucket (or elsewhere on the Interwebs), you just can't upload them directly from your computer.

@Sascha: Agreed. I tried to enter a couple of guitars that I had seen, but the inability to upload a photo stymied me.

@powerjet: It was not uploaded. Rather, a link to its location elsewhere on the internet was used.

I use imageshack. A free account is available, easy to get your photos from your iPad, laptop, PC blah blah...copy the "direct link" and paste it into your post here. Ta. Da.

I can't get Photobucket to work anymore either. It's there, but it just spins when I try to upload new photos.

Let's all do our part and learn to hotlink so we're not wasting limited GDP server space.

Photobucket has gotten very slow and bogged down with ads and pop up windows. If you don't have a robust internet connection, it seems to not work at all. I'll try Deed's suggestion of Imageshack.

For Dropbox users: Embedding pics on the GDP works if you put them into the dropbox 'public' folder and copy / paste the URL.

I tried my Google Drive feature, came back 500.

Might need to try from another machine, though...

Years ago when this discussion arose I used Snapfish. Beyond labor intensive...

Works for me. Bob, I downloaded your pic, signed in my dropbox account, put it in the 'public' folder (works ONLY from there!), created a "share" link and then copied and pasted.

I must be blind. I don't see anything called the 'public' folder on my Dropbox page.

I just tried to load from Google Drive from another device...another 500.

I must be blind. I don't see anything called the 'public' folder on my Dropbox page.

– Bob Howard

I just read that accounts created after October 2012 do not have that folder. Freshest news say that in March 2017 Dropbox will supress this for any other users anyway. So it won't be a solution any longer. How I hate this crap!

I recommend imgur.com

It's free and easy to use and you don't even need an account. Just drag and drop the photo into your browser and they give you a link.

I recommend imgur.com

It's free and easy to use and you don't even need an account. Just drag and drop the photo into your browser and they give you a link.

– Otter

Do you know what their policy is? What are they allowed to do with your photos?

Do you know what their policy is? What are they allowed to do with your photos?

– sascha

No idea. I don't post anything private on there.

Register Sign in to join the conversation