Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Pandemic!

To those who assumed I was retiring: Pretty much everyone in the music industry is predicting NO LIVE SHOWS until 2022...if then. I'm not unemployed voluntarily!!!

exactly!! bz has always played his way through all his health issues...like dick dale!! unstoppable despite the situation!...this time, there are no gigs to battle through..big difference

best of luck to you bz

stay strong

cheers

Keep us informed and yes, if there's a list of stuff for sale do let us know

Waiting for NAMM to be cancelled next.

Not sure how I can help, but I sure can try..

2022.....yup. Saw that one coming. I'm only hanging on by one student via Zoom chat. Otherwise, like so many others out there, I'm turning to Youtube, I guess.

Well I kinda did make an assumption. I didn't mean for rumors to start though. Sorry if it was my fault. Hopefully it didn't go farther than the GDP.

The rumors could help in selling your guitars though.

"LONG LIVE BILLY ZOOM!"

2020 has sucked all the gigs out of my bands schedule too.

To those who assumed I was retiring: Pretty much everyone in the music industry is predicting NO LIVE SHOWS until 2022...if then. I'm not unemployed voluntarily!!!

– Billy Zoom

Yeah, it's been kind of weird Mr. Z!

Nowadays I get my band fix playing a Taylor 12-string in a local church band (due to lack of contacts to get me back playing in a rock band, since I moved to the Milwaukee area for my job in 2004 [the last time I auditioned for a band was in 2016, and it was the first audition I'd had in years - the music sucked]), and the last time I "played out" was the 3rd week of March.

I'm one of the lucky ones, in that I'm still working despite the pandemic, but even at work, we were on 4 day work weeks for over 2 months, and our office people have been working remotely from home, since the last week of March. We have to wear face masks outside of our work areas. My brother and my uncle (Guitar Generation #2 in the family) both caught Covid-19, and said they'd never been so sick in their entire lives.

Though I may kvetch about loss of gigs, and fewer students, I am putting the down time to good use by polishing up and improving my thumb picking. And keeping up on my reading. It's all good.

Register Sign in to join the conversation