Billy Zoom's Jet Set

P-90 on BZ 6122-59

The Dyna spacers I've gotten from TVJ are foam. I stacked them on top of the hard spacers and found that there was enough give in them to fine tune height, angle, etc. by tightening the mounting screws more or less, especially at the bridge position, where I used more of them (more foam=more squishability).

– wyowill

Do you stack two at the bridge? Any pics?

Pictures would require a level of technical expertise beyond that of a lab rat, and that I do not posess. I can double check when I get home after work, but I think I may actually have three in there. I just stacked them til it was a tiny bit higher than I wanted, and then gently tightened the mounting screws to compress the foam a little ( not a lot, you don't want to have to crank it down and risk stripping out the screw holes in the wood or have to look at foam bulging out the sides like a bad muffin top or something).

Pictures would require a level of technical expertise beyond that of a lab rat, and that I do not posess. I can double check when I get home after work, but I think I may actually have three in there. I just stacked them til it was a tiny bit higher than I wanted, and then gently tightened the mounting screws to compress the foam a little ( not a lot, you don't want to have to crank it down and risk stripping out the screw holes in the wood or have to look at foam bulging out the sides like a bad muffin top or something).

– wyowill

Hahaha a bad muffin top. Ordering some TV risers right now on reverb

Chmason, FWIW, I have three foam spacers and no plastic at the bridge, 2 foam and no plastic at the neck on a modern Silver Jet with TArmonds, and the pickups are parallel with the strings. (and no muffin top).

On a 57 Jet Firebird with old Dynas, I have three foam plus the old plastic spacer at the bridge and just the plastic (no foam) at the neck.

On both the polepieces are very low and just adjusted for string to string balance.

It works for me. Others may differ.

Nice! Thanks for checking that out, I ordered a pack of two on reverb, I'll probably try and do two under the bridge, nothing on the neck as I rarely use the neck by itself, but middle and bridge equally

Register Sign in to join the conversation