Billy Zoom's Jet Set

NAMM?

Who's there? My amps and Kahunas are in the TV Jones booth, and I'll be around every day.
BZ

I'm here, Billy. Hope to see you. (You gotta sign the 3rd annual Keepsake Gretsch Guitar Top too.)

Master Z, wish I was there... But no. Have fun!

heard Carl Bradychok playing through one at Tvjones booth when i dropped off a dynobrain to him. Very nice sound Billy

Ill be around today and tomorrow. I'll definatley stop by.

I missed ya, but saw this lovely item in the TV booth on Thursday...

DSC01457

Caught the Zoom'r in Action at Tvjones booth letting us hear his tube-licious creations!

Saw the gear Saturday afternoon, but no Mr. Zoom in attendance! :(

Hey Billy I'm really sorry i didn't get a chance to see you. I'm hoping to be down there again soon though!!

Hi Billy, will you be at the Frankfurt Musikmesse in Germany, too?? I guess we´ll meet then at the TV Jones booth. ;-)

If BZ goes to the Messe, I can try shake hands again. Imagine BZ shouting through the hall, using a silver jet shaped object to keep a certain obnoxious European at a distance. Sounds cool!

I won't be there, but Tom's bringing a Little Kahuna. What colour would be best for that show? Please limit answers to available Kahuna colors...Blonde, Black, Brown, Tweed.
BZ

Pick whichever colour sells the most and go with that. Perhaps you could also include a display showing the other colour options.

Pick the best seller and include a high quality print indeed.

I´ll be there to get (maybe this year??) my Spectrasonic in Charcoal Black :P :P I think blonde will be fine for the Kahuna ;-) which I will test at the show ;-) 8-)

For the first 50 or so, Blonde outsold others by a large margin, but most of my customers were into Surf or Rockabilly and had a Setzer Bassman or a Dick Dale Showman. Now, it seems my market is widening and Black is the big seller, although the Rev Horton Heat just bought a Brown one. I don't know how big Surf is in Germany.
BZ

Hey Billy, did the young fella from Embie-matic get a hold of you? they are re creating the original synchrosonic bridge made of cast aluminium. if not, then PM me and i'll get you their contact. they want to meet ya

I guess in Germany will be a small Insider-Market for Amps (Rockabilly and Surf-Scene) :| People here are most tighten into things they know from the past,but that´s my opinion.I´ll be proud to play through your amp for the first time and hope the feedback for your business will be fantastic :D :D

For the first 50 or so, Blonde outsold others by a large margin, but most of my customers were into Surf or Rockabilly and had a Setzer Bassman or a Dick Dale Showman. Now, it seems my market is widening and Black is the big seller, although the Rev Horton Heat just bought a Brown one. I don't know how big Surf is in Germany.
BZ

– Billy Zoom

BZ

– BillyZoom

a tangent but...

The European surf bands are really really good. They arent limited to surf shirts and teva sandals like here. :) EL RAY from Denmark and Bambi Molesters from Croatia are some of the good ones. I could see these guys really digging your stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

True music and retro and vintage looks are trendy at the moment. The Kahuna fits in. But since you can't offer chinese prices, I think a site with hard specs and elaborate demos is most important: when I see a $1000 reverb, I want a site that shows why that is a good price. The Kahuna has a unique quality level. Such demos should be musical too, not just three chords. So print stuff should mention a web link to very good content. Europeans want to see sites for products they buy. And the color options can be on the print too. A black box can hardly be seen in a booth. Lighter tolex stands out more. Maybe a board with just fake fronts of the colors could be created for display reasons. What I'm saying is that the display of such quality gear needs a second G.A.S. boost: I see the Kahuna, it intrigues me, I want a booklet or flyer, I want to convince myself with online info that the price is justified because it is truly special. If I only see it once in a booth and I can't find a good follow up for my G.A.S. in print or online, my needs may fade.

Letting people hear it and play through it is the best sales pitch.

Register Sign in to join the conversation