Billy Zoom's Jet Set

NAMM Knee.

Made it through two days of NAMM, but on Saturday my knee gave out between the parking lot and the show. X-rays on Tuesday. I'm grounded because I can't get in or out of my car.

Hope you recover fully asap BZ!

Ice ice, baby. You have until Tuesday to figure out how to get in the car...to go get "X" rayed.

Sorry to hear this, BZ. It was good to see you briefly on Thursday. Get better. Ortho stuff is never fun.

Oxycodone...better living thru modern chemistry.At least you'll think you feel better.

Sorry to hear, Billy. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I only go for a single day now, but for me it's NAMM feet. I went on Friday and as of Sunday, they're still tired. Hope it's just a case of rest for you.

Both mine gave out last year. Could hardly walk. Glucosamine , chondrotin, swimming and walking have done wonders. Got x-rays, they told me" your old". Thanks

Both mine gave out last year. Could hardly walk. Glucosamine , chondrotin, swimming and walking have done wonders. Got x-rays, they told me" your old". Thanks

– LarryR

What a charming diagnosis. BTW, the best product for joint distress is SierraSil. No issues for me in 5 years. Pro sports team now use this.

What a charming diagnosis. BTW, the best product for joint distress is SierraSil. No issues for me in 5 years. Pro sports team now use this.

– Windsordave

Thanks will check that out.

Made it through two days of NAMM, but on Saturday my knee gave out between the parking lot and the show. X-rays on Tuesday. I'm grounded because I can't get in or out of my car.

– Billy Zoom

props!! downed in the line of fire!!

feel better

cheers

If I didn't hurt when I wake up I'd figure something was really wrong. The aches and pains are just God's little reminders that you're still alive. They also remind you of all of the stupid things that you did when you were young.

Be well, BZ!

Ouch! Nice to see you at NAMM Friday, hope you feel better soon.

Billy, we’re really sorry to have missed you, hopefully your knee will not hang you up for too long. Get better!

Hang in there BZ, I know it's not fun at all.

I spent decades trying every "latest and greatest" thing out there, but I had the great "bone on bone" condition, and had to get "replacements".

Just see what your doc says, and don't be afraid to get a second opinion with a good knee ortho, and see what he says.

Wish you the best.

Sorry to hear this Billy. Don’t know what your diagnosis will look like, but the good news is that there are options, therapy, cortisone, artificial cartilage before replacement.

I got a new one 10 days ago. PT is a bitch, but it is getting better.

Billy sorry to hear that you are going thru this. I am a radiology tech at a major rehabilitation hospital in Southern California. I have x-rayed plenty of knees. Any knee problem is a bad problem so regardless of what it is and it can be one or more of many things. Hopefully your meniscus isn't torn or worn down. If it is you could have had this injury for some time now and finally got so bad. Have you heard popping of your knees when bent as you were leading up to the day when it finally got too bad to walk? Did your knee lock up over time? Like I say you can have symptoms and walk until one point when it gets so bad you can't use your knee and you seek medical attention. It might not be the meniscus but this is one possibility.

You will find out soon enough. You do the X-Ray Tuesday and takes a couple days to get to your doctor after the radiologist reads it then your doctor will have the consultation with you over what is wrong.

You are in my prayers.

Good luck Billy. Knees are complex, and therefore subject to all sorts of problems.

If you're going to get NAMM Knee then it's a good thing you got it at NAMM.

Hoping for a quick recovery.

Oh no! Ouch! Rehab can help.

I had an issue this year and it ended up being a meniscus issue. The good news is, once I had surgery, the recovery was only 4-5 days. If you've never had any real issues with your knee, lets hope it's something that simple. Best to ya.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear this. I would have loved to say hello to you on Saturday which was the only day I was there. Godspeed Mr. Zoom!

I had knee trouble and was scheduled for an operation ,which i missed...it turned out to be gout .

Register Sign in to join the conversation