Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Musicman amps

I like musicman amps. I have a hd 130 bass head that's great for guitar that's with a 2 channel master volumn. 130 watts is indeed too loud. But I play a Jack Casady gold top bass through it and it purrs.

I agree. I have an early 212 - 65 that I picked up at a pawn shop in about 1990. Other a few tube changes, i have never had a single problem with it. Perfect amount of natural overdrive. I think they are way overlooked and a great bargain!

Sounds good with a duo jet too!

I had the 130W head, too. Great amp but too much for what I needed at the time so I traded it. I was also told that I might have difficulty getting some parts for it should it have problems. Don't know if this was correct.

I agree. I have an early 212 - 65 that I picked up at a pawn shop in about 1990. Other a few tube changes, i have never had a single problem with it. Perfect amount of natural overdrive. I think they are way overlooked and a great bargain!

Sounds good with a duo jet too!

– jps1965

Yeah, you read my mind. Perfect amount of overdrive.

Great amps but extremely heavy. I have a 65-210 into which the previous owner had installed Weber Chicago speakers. Great sound and LOUD.

Heavy but bearable. My buddy's Twin Reverb takes two boys and a man to carry around.

I can't give mine away it seems,it's been on consignment with my local for one year and eight months this month! It's an HD130 2x10 combo.

Just too heavy for my bad back, and i now have a second hernia ,had to get rid of it,great sounding amp that i've owned for 24 years.

Oh yeah. They've got to be among the heaviest. And I'm just talking about the head.

I love mine. Comparatively small, I have an RD110-Fifty. And it's louder than my Vox AC15C1.

Interestingly enough, from what I have read about the reissues, they are going to be very light. Quilter light.

Did musicman make a 4x10 cabinet? I thought they made an inverted cabinet. Bass maybe w an 18 in it? Would anyone know about these cabinets?

Did musicman make a 4x10 cabinet? I thought they made an inverted cabinet. Bass maybe w an 18 in it? Would anyone know about these cabinets?

I have a 210RP that I've had for about 15 years. I love it.

Heavy but bearable. My buddy's Twin Reverb takes two boys and a man to carry around.

– jps1965

Um, suggestion...

If a 'man' can't lift one of those on his own and carry it around, unless medical excuse...

Deadlift more

I don't think Music Man ever made a 4-10 cabinet although they did make a 4-12 which is what you see with Eric here:

WhittleZ, let's renew this conversation when you are approaching 70 and trying to schlepp around a MusicMan or a Twin Reverb with JBLs or EVs. They are a young man's amp. Quilters are looking better and better to me all the time.

I don't think Music Man ever made a 4-10 cabinet although they did make a 4-12 which is what you see with Eric here:

WhittleZ, let's renew this conversation when you are approaching 70 and trying to schlepp around a MusicMan or a Twin Reverb with JBLs or EVs. They are a young man's amp. Quilters are looking better and better to me all the time.

– Don Birchett

Fair enough. I need to respect my elders, sir!

I do have a buddy lifting in the Weightlifting Masters World Championships in the 65-69 age group

Maybe we need to add Amp pulls to our training regimen

Here's a 57 yr old snatching (ground to overhead arms outstretched in one move) 110 kilos (242 lbs)

Great amps. I'd love to find a 112 RP with the EV speaker. Anyone?

Register Sign in to join the conversation