Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Dig!

Now that's what I'm talk'n 'bout !

That was a good way to start my morning! Dig that gold sparkle too!

That wink at 0:17!!!

So cool. Fantastic.

Here's the whole track:

Yowsa! Nice groove!

My OH My, magic fingers!

Yep. That is sweet playing!

I enjoyed the heck out of this -- her lead playing in a more "rock" context -- too...

Sooo hard to tremolo pick triplets of any kind! Nice!

Dug too!

Videos like that make me want to sell my guitars and take up the tambourine.

Jesica has had a lot of sexist attacks on Facebook for her photo shoots with guitars. People think she is just a pretty face and can’t play. They are very wrong. She has earned her Gretsch endorsement and promotes it proudly and with integrity.

Jesica has had a lot of sexist attacks on Facebook for her photo shoots with guitars. People think she is just a pretty face and can’t play. They are very wrong. She has earned her Gretsch endorsement and promotes it proudly and with integrity.

– Joe Desperado

They've never heard her play.

Oh very noice!!!

Thanks for sharing!! See some of us girls can really play the guitar! Jessica has great guitar tone, and decent chops!

– Joe Desperado

Unfortunately, that's pretty common, and I've found it frustrating at times. Unless I'm a regular at a guitar shop (like I am at Cream City Music {I only live like 5 miles from the place]), or people in general, have seen me play guitar, it typically get this "oh how quaint, a girl is going to play the guitar" vibe off of most guys, when they first see me pick up a guitar. Thanks aren't helped by pop divas like Katy Perry occasionally slinging a guitar onstage, and basically treating it like a prop to look like a "more serious musician", while hacking their way through a few basic chords during a performance. This gives some guys the impression that most of us girls are only good for singing and looking pretty onstage. Ugh!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation