Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Billy Zoom Silver Jet Tribute Color?

Hi all,

Just got a G6129BZT in the mail and I was really surprised at how gold it looked up close. All the pictures that I've seen show this model in a bright silver. Maybe it's the fluorescent lighting, but has anyone else noticed this?

Congrats on getting a GREAT guitar.

The silver ages to a yellowish/gold on old sparkle jets, but I'm not sure if the BZ was designed to be pre-aged. Can you post some photos?

The champagne shimmering silver on the BZ sig has always been one of the most tempting details to me. I wish the regular Silver Jets came like this.

Congratulations, Chris! That's a lovely guitar. Maybe Billy will chime in and spread some insider knowledge regarding the finish.

Yes, it has a warm silver look to it, and when you hold it up next to other silver jets, it really stands out in a hard way to describe.

Here's a couple of pics. I swear it looks more gold in person. The difference between the photos and the guitar are striking.

Crazy. Looking at the photos online captures the yellow/gold even less.

Oh well, this has been my dream guitar for a long time. I saved up for years for this and I can't wait to plug it in. I've been a fan of X since I was 13. That's some 30 years ago.

Does anyone know how many were produced? The catalog at the time said production was limited to 30 guitars, but I've read up to 70.

50 were produced. I don't know if that includes my 2 prototypes. All were relic'd except for the second prototype. They closely match the yellowed finish on all of my original '55 Silverjets. I'd like to see them do another 50.

50 were produced. I don't know if that includes my 2 prototypes. All were relic'd except for the second prototype. They closely match the yellowed finish on all of my original '55 Silverjets. I'd like to see them do another 50.

– Billy Zoom

Me, too.

– Billy Zoom

Thanks for the response Billy. Made my day.

Wow, only 50? I wonder how many are owned by the GDP membership...I third the notion of more...

Awesome. Congratulations on a guitar that will feel like a piece of treasure every time you open the case!

Register Sign in to join the conversation