Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Billy Zoom in King Kong

I'm watching it on Netflix...who knows what the time mark is for BZ's big appearance???

Just be patient and watch it.

– Ric12string

Just be patient and watch it.

– Ric12string

I just burst out laughing!!!! Thanks Counselor!

I've seen King Kong a few times and never noticed Billy Zoom in it.

I did...didn't see him.

– Jeffrey Osowski

Okay, then. He must not be in it.

I think that he might be in this one, however. Buy it and watch it. Let us know if he is in it. :D !#$@% 8-)

Seriously, Jeff, was there a scene where there was a man running from a monkey? I think that that might be him.

Oh, he IS in it. There are several sources that say he is.

I watched, but never saw the scene...it's on Netflix, so I may have to find a good way to fast forward watch it.

The movie is bad, spelled CAPITAL B-A-D. Very 70's.

I've been spoilt by CGI.

I saw that movie in the cinema when it came out. It is one of only three films I ever walked out of.

Jeff, you may think that I was being flippant, but his role in that movie was truly described as "an unidentified man running from a monkey." Look for that action in the movie and see if you can spot him.

No, I read the same thing, but have not seen it.

I know when you're ribbing me and when you are serious. Sometimes.

It's right after he breaks loose from that outdoor arena. There were a lot of us running, with bits of foam core falling all around us, and the UCLS football team blocking the exits so we'd all pile up and it would look like real panic. It paid $25/day and free lunch. I worked there for three or four days, mostly standing around, then running, then standing around. Actually, the mechanical ape was much better live than he came across on film.
BZ

I vote Best Thread Title in Many Moons.

It's right after he breaks loose from that outdoor arena. There were a lot of us running, with bits of foam core falling all around us, and the UCLS football team blocking the exits so we'd all pile up and it would look like real panic. It paid $25/day and free lunch. I worked there for three or four days, mostly standing around, then running, then standing around. Actually, the mechanical ape was much better live than he came across on film.
BZ

– Billy Zoom

Billy, I take it, it's the Jeff Bridges/Jessica Lange King Kong, not the recent one with Kyle Chandler. I recently watched the new one with Kyle Chandler and it's excellent. I saw it in the theater with my wife in 2005 when it came out and watched it again recently on TV.

The fact you got $25 per day makes me think it was the Jessica Lange version plus why would you do this today. Looks like you used to do background acting or "extra work" at one time. I did in the early '90s when it was $40 a day and free lunch and snacks.

You should have been in "Streets of Fire" you would have fit in well in that one. I mean The Blasters and Lee Ving, you would have been at home in that one. Futuristic 1950s. Side note, Diane Lane was so right in this movie. The Producers cast this movie well.

I was a "regular" extra in Burt Reynold's BL Stryker TV series. Filmed right here in my town (Hobe Sound / Jupiter, FL). We were friends back then and one of the cops in the series (with credentials & lines, etc) was also in charge of extras and he & I were buddies. I got $55/day. Most extras won the chance thru radio / TV station contests & promotions, but had to show up at 8 AM for scene shot that might not happen til 5 PM. But, thru my friendships would get a call saying "come to such & such intersection around 4 PM today". I'd go at like 3:45, they'd shoot the scene at 4:30, and I'd be outa there by 5 or so. Loads of fun. Never saw my face, but whenever there were a mass of people WAY OFF IN THE DISTANCE or somebody sitting in a parked car WAY OFF IN THE DISTANCE, that was me!!! Really !!! No autographs, please ...

Diane Lane is SO RIGHT in anything :P

Rocco

– rockometer_amp

Diane Lane is SO RIGHT in anything :D -- rocometer_amp

+1 Ain't that the truth.

I'd even go to a chick flick if she was in it, but my wife hates chick flicks. Kind of a double edge sword in this case.

Rocco

Here you go, Rocco. Don't want you to not know about what you are missing in those chick flicks your wife won't take you to!

How please i have always loved Diane Lane ¨between many more¨ !#$@% but she is one of my all time favorite lady as well Jacqueline Bisset I love Billy too but... it is a secret :)

Diane Lane's portrayal of a punk in "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains" -

Movie starred Ray Winstone playing what else but a punk and, well it's been a long time since I saw this movie but I recall real punks Paul Simonon, Paul Cook and Steve Jones in it. At the time I saw it I liked the movie but now I don't care for some of the subject matter in the movie. How times change with a person.

The 1976 version of King Kong is one of my favourite movies. Camp. Charles Grodin is perfect. And now to check out the BZ scene from my own copy...

OK - watched it twice and can't find BZ. But I did get to see Charles Grodin be extra awesome right before getting squashed!

They recently did a 25th anniversary version of FabStains. I remember seeing it on cable when it came out, and the song they did was good, as I recall, "I wanna see the world for free". Diane just gets better looking, just like my wife that hates chick flicks, which I'm eternally grateful for.

Rocco

Echosonic she is beautiful at all ages and in all ways ;-)

Wait a minute....I always thought Billy was the one in the monkey suit?

Learn something new every day.....

Register Sign in to join the conversation