Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Bigsby b11 vs. B12 on G6129BZ

Anyone know why Billy switched to a Bigsby B12 from a B11? Seems like the B12 pressure bar would make the tension on the bridge so tight that it would create tuning issues when the vibrato was used.

Maybe he thought it was too much after a while; if you look closely in this pic you can see the tension bar is removed

1. There are spacers under the Bigsby so the angle can be set to the exact proper angle.
  2. That photo is from our Semi-Acoustic tour when I was playing clean and twangy, with a Rockabilly tone. I prefer no roller for that application.

Billy, do you have tuning issues when the roller is in place and you use the vibrato? Seems like the distance from the roller to the bridge is really close. Why didn't you like the B11?

FYI - There is an item called a Tuning Stabilizer from bricksbiggsfix.com that is essentially a raised front roller.

I never have tuning issues with any of my guitars. I file the nuts myself.

I never have tuning issues with any of my guitars. I file the nuts myself.

– Billy Zoom

Did you bend the bigsby arm to compensate for the bridge angle?

Billy's bigsby arm is bent just the way I like mine. I also remove about 3/4 of an inch from the end.

1. There are spacers under the Bigsby so the angle can be set to the exact proper angle.
  2. That photo is from our Semi-Acoustic tour when I was playing clean and twangy, with a Rockabilly tone. I prefer no roller for that application.
– Billy Zoom

What are you using for spacers in that posted pic, Billy?

Rubber feet from the hardware store.

Register Sign in to join the conversation