Billy Zoom's Jet Set

Anyone know where this page went?

Through the portal into another dimension. Same as the socks that disappear in the dryer. In some parallel universe there's a website where they're wondering, "Where the heck did THIS come from all of a sudden?"

The same place odd socks go when you put them in the dryer.

– Tartan Phantom

the 'hosezone'

– Tartan Phantom

Which is why I created my fool-proof system of buying ONLY one type of sock. All the same color (black, no designs), all the same style (dress). No differing sock is allowed. This way when one sock gets lost it does not matter as all of my socks perfectly match each other.

Yep, I'm divorced/single. HA HA

Which is why I created my fool-proof system of buying ONLY one type of sock. All the same color (black, no designs), all the same style (dress). No differing sock is allowed. This way when one sock gets lost it does not matter as all of my socks perfectly match each other.

– cheesy_rice

.. actually a sound method, and one I also practice.

fully stocked here with pairs of black socks and white socks.

For me, it's often a matter of one sock having a blow-out before the other, of the pair. In which case, I toss the holed sock and just replace it with the 'odd' sock of the same color. Or I set aside the good one for the eventuality of another pair having one blow-out.

It saves money for more guitars.

It took me a few years to get everyone on board but by now they all know to not, not, NOT give me socks for Christmas or birthdays. Disruption of my perfect-sock-system (patent pending) will not be tolerated.

So no one here has Gretsch related socks?

It’s orphaned. The posts are out there connected incorrectly to another topic. If you can search and find the correct topic I can reunite them

So no one here has Gretsch related socks?

– tabletop

Yes, I do, but since one is made in Japan and the other is made in Korea, they don't really match.

Yes, I do, but since one is made in Japan and the other is made in Korea, they don't really match.

– Tartan Phantom

It’s orphaned. The posts are out there connected incorrectly to another topic. If you can search and find the correct topic I can reunite them

– Baxter

ah ok good to know...thanks. Not sure how i'm gonna find the correct topic though.

I’m the guy that found his stolen 6119 in Romania. I reunited him with it in 2006.

he still has it. I’ve been friendly with him since the early 90s.

I’m the guy that found his stolen 6119 in Romania. I reunited him with it in 2006.

he still has it. I’ve been friendly with him since the early 90s.

– Gasmoney

Wow!...i didn't know it got stolen at some point!

I remember seeing Heavy Trash in The Spitz in London 2006 and he was playing his ES-295, then saw them at the same place in 2007 and I think he was playing the 6119 at that one.

So how did it get stolen Gasmoney and how did you track it down?

A guy bought it in Zagreb, Croatia somehow. He wanted to sell it. He posted it here or on another forum. When I saw the photos I knew right away it was Matts.

Matt had told me to be on the look out as it was stolen from their van in Romania that year. Heavy Trash was on tour then.

I sent Matt the info/Pics and he flipped out and he couldn't believe I found it.

I negotiated the deal with the guy in Croatia. We wired him 3K and the guitar was at my door in 3 days via fedex.

Matt was happy to have it back to say the least.

A guy bought it in Zagreb, Croatia somehow. He wanted to sell it. He posted it here or on another forum. When I saw the photos I knew right away it was Matts.

Matt had told me to be on the look out as it was stolen from their van in Romania that year. Heavy Trash was on tour then.

I sent Matt the info/Pics and he flipped out and he couldn't believe I found it.

I negotiated the deal with the guy in Croatia. We wired him 3K and the guitar was at my door in 3 days via fedex.

Matt was happy to have it back to say the least.

– Gasmoney

Wow!! Nice work!

His 6119 is quite distinctive isn't it? Is it '59?...22 frets,..added p-90 with no cover at the neck.

Why are you asking here? I don't have it.

Why are you asking here? I don't have it.

because the missing topic was in the Billy Zoom's Jet Set file

– cheesy_rice

We've taken it a step further in my house. Me, my wife, and my daughter now all wear the same black and gray socks.

On a related note, we had to replace our ten year old washer and dryer a couple of years ago, and I was positive that all of the lost socks would be revealed when we pulled the old appliances out. Not a single sock. Truly one of life's great mysteries.

Register Sign in to join the conversation